What is the most vile tasting commercial alcoholic drink?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Happy memories. £0.99 per bottle. Cheap oblivion. Still hanker after a glass or two.

You aren't trying hard enough to come up with a vile tasting drink.

Oh go on, spill, we are all dying to know what you are referring too!
It was bright pink (:eek:), thick, cloudy, and had an odd layer of sediment in the bottom of the bottle.

The sellers called it "khal" (vinegar), to avoid alerting the authorities to their illegal alcohol operation. And their base was, I believe, in the store rooms under the main mosque (:wacko:) in a town in the north of Yemen.

I was given a bottle - it remains the only bottle of alcohol in my life that stayed unopened, and untasted.

U

User169

[QUOTE 2171184, member: 259"]You mean Arrack? Yes please! :cheers: You can get cheap and nasty stuff, but the decent ones are gorgeous! And I like palm toddy as well (from which said spirit is distilled). But you have to make your own judgement on how clean the bucket is.[/quote]

Steady Mort - even the East India Company thought arrack a bit of a strain on the brain!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2171395, member: 259"]I've never been able to swallow schnapps without already being drunk on something else. It's just horrid.[/quote]

Always get a pre-start glass of de-icer when out for a meal in Finland, shocking stuff.

Brains

Legendary Member
White Wine from the Great Lakes Wine company of Michigan
Funnily enough they don't export it, even out of the state, as it is probably unsellable to anyone unless they make super sweet vinegar on a commercial basis

My mother had something in Greece on the Island of Rhodes, I think it was called Retsina or something like that, anyhow - wine that tastes of mould... and is made from pine resin xx(, now silver birch liquer on the other hand is wonderful, if a little heady.
Italian Grappa, depiste the wonderful blue decorated bottle it came in which is what I purchased it for, was next on my list after methylated spirits... (but trust me meths tastes better than that stuff my mother had on Rhodes...)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My mother had something in Greece on the Island of Rhodes, I think it was called Retsina or something like that, anyhow - wine that tastes of mould... and is made from pine resin xx(, now silver birch liquer on the other hand is wonderful, if a little heady.
Italian Grappa, depiste the wonderful blue decorated bottle it came in which is what I purchased it for, was next on my list after methylated spirits... (but trust me meths tastes better than that stuff my mother had on Rhodes...)

Up Retsine... an acquired taste...

Top Bottom