What is the most you have ever spent on a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Just being nosey really...

The Bianchi Oltre 1 is on my Xmas list (3015) It's a snip really.....hmm.....
anyway...what is the most expensive bike you ever bought ?

lesley_x

Über Member
£1099 for the Giant TCX 1 (now sold)
£1000 for the Specialized Secteur Comp
£700 for the Genesis Croix De Fer
£350 for my first bike Giant Roam 2 W (now sold)

Ironically my favourite is probably the Genesis and I sold the TCX within a year or so to fund the Genesis.

It amazes me that my husband views these as unnecessarily expensive but will not hesitate to drop eye watering amounts on cars, to sit in traffic, and make you unhealthy and fat. My bike keeps me healthy and fit and I don't need to pay for parking etc... I find that way of thinking really weird. Some gym memberships are £500 per year....

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've not yet spend over a grand on a bike. My current bikes, Spesh Allez Elite 2007 £950, Ridgeback Panorama £1k (reduced from £1250) & Planet X RT-57, was £1400 & I nearly bought it, but that was also reduced to £1k. I am saving up for something more exotic though :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Probably around £1700 when you factor in extras, both roadbikes were around that. I would find it hard to justify spending much more. Although, I expect if I were to treat myself to a titanium bike it would end up around £3k :smile:

My other two bikes were each under £500 though as used buys

@lesley_x yiy have reminded me to cancel the gym (although it's only £16 a month)

U

User33236

Most I have spent on a bike is £1400 on my carbon RT-58 with full ultegra.

Other have cost more overall when I count up the initial purchase price then add on all the upgrades done in the first 6 to 12 months ofcownership.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I find myself in a similar position.

Slightly off topic. Vern, what was the most that you've ever spent on a pencil sharpener?

£39.95

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnUIWQerCn-_EOk0H5a4sfOo2-bMx20FSLb5BCahJG2qxhUwgLvXylKp0ZRWuGhyosL9xgKB8&usqp=CAE.jpg

Slioch

Guru
£999 on a Planet X Pro Carbon with full Ultegra - matt black of course :becool:

In reality this cost me nowt. I bought it with the money I'd saved from giving up the fags and was my motivation for giving up.

screenman

Legendary Member
Built one that cost over £2,000 but that was 19 years ago, latest bike only £1400 but the wife bought it for me as a suprise, does that count.

Oldbloke

Guru
£2k on my Spesh Roubaix Expert 3 years ago, my LBS did me a third off an unridden demo.

Previously I never imagined I'd ever spend so much on something without an engine.

No regrets, I love this bike....

Levo-Lon

Guru
1800 on my commencal meta in the crc sale it was 3799..
my road bike from merlins Sensa sl limited pro 599 down from a grand.
orange g2, 699..
orange crush cost about 1200 self build.
on one 456c frame 350..

Mrs M

Guru
My 2011 Felt ZW cost £675 new.
I've replaced pedals, saddle and bar tape. Then later cassette, chain, wheels and tyres as required.
My 1981 Halfords racer was £105 new, think that was expensive then.

Top Bottom