What is the most you have ever spent on a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I have never paid for a new bike for me

The first was £20... the second was £90... then for my birthday and christmas Bertha was bought for me

The most I have spent on a new bike was Squidge's Frog I think it was around £400

Drago

Legendary Member
£1500.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
For the current fleet in ascending order...
Cube Ltd CLS pro: £420
Whyte Sussex: £500
Kona Jake CX: £750
Planet X Pro-Carbon: £800
Boardman Carbon: £900
Van Nicholas Ventus: £1850

The Van Nicholas & a recently sold Triban 3 (£300) are the only ones for which full price was paid - the others were all picked up in end of year sales.

I am also considering a second (higher spec) Ventus which will be over £2500 but this will necessitate the disposal of at least one of the above!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I too have never bought myself a new bike. Of the 2 new ones I've had one was a pressie from Maz (Saracen Blitz) and the other a replacement for my Raleigh Mustang that was stolen from my dining room in a burglary.
I spent just short of a grand on my Tricycle and the electric front wheel kit though. :cycle: :giggle:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Cannondale Street Ultra, £1300 list price but on C2W a few years back whatever less that made it.

My Birdy was £1000+ list price too but I traded another one and another bike against it so laid out far less in real money.

Rare treats in better times, pretty much all my bikes are 2nd hand and very cheap pick ups

£349 for the Scott YZ1 in 2001.
I've thinking about £1200 for a new mtb this year.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My PX Pro Carbon (Ultegras) was £1019 as I upgraded the brakes.
I did spend a flat £1000 on my tri-bike back in the mid 90's so that was technically more money, given inflation etc. That was a fantastic bike.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I think i spent around £650 on my bianchi, £780 on my galaxy, and £1500 on the Cube (which came with a Garmin edge 800 included). The bianchi has been replaced on th esame basis as triggers broom ....th egalaxy has been 'properly' upgraded, and the cube had its fsa crankset replaced with ultegra and a 11-32 cassette fitted for these mountians. I'm trying to figure out why the Bianchi Oltre 1 bike ultegra is so expensive....and will it change my life....

Top Bottom