What is the most you have ever spent on a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fair do's squire. Some nice bikes there.

I reckon the only way I could get away with that kind of spend would be to downsize my marital status to "single". Hmmmmm...........(strokes chin).

One of the Thorns, the Birdy and the Bionx Gekko belong to the wife (technically) so I am on a winner there!

5 grand on this.

image.jpg

First off, the aero kit got nicked, I replaced it, then the whole bike got nicked:gun:.
Beautiful bit of kit, if I could get another one I would, easier said than done.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
£30 for the brand new BSO ('Sir Creakybike Of The Dump') I bought at a house clearance place I used to volunteer for many years ago.

All my other bikes are second hand, I have never bought a new bike........ Although, technically although it was new in its box, the BSO was still second hand too so.....

£0.00

I am not saying how much all my second hand bikes have cost, although needless to say, it will all come to a lot less than what some of you have paid for one bike!!

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
£1500 for this

tubes[1].jpg

assembly included

tubes2[1].jpg

(an Enigma)

Wife knows. Purchase sanctioned for "dream bike". It is.

A thing of rare beauty.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
2012 Sintesi Z2 bought for £1500 from Tweeks in 2013, list price £2500, since spent over £1k on upgrades.

2014 Cube Peloton Race, still paying£800 ish on C2W scheme, list price about £1k. Since spent about £800 on upgrades.

I tend to buy a bike & reduce it down to frame & gears, then make it what I want it to be.

Wheels, bars, seatpost, stem, bar tape, saddle & even the cassette are gone usually.

Then again, I don't have a mansion or luxury holidays to fund so that's where my money goes.

screenman

Legendary Member
Ste, at least if you had the mansion it would be going up in value. If you are going to change everything would it not be better to start with just the frame.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Ste, at least if you had the mansion it would be going up in value. If you are going to change everything would it not be better to start with just the frame.
I liked the frames & the prices for what they were.

One day I will do a @Fab Foodie & get a custom made bike & even choose the colour of the branding etc.

I just like improving & making different.

It's all been curbed for now as we now want a mansion, well I say mansion, 3 bedrooms & a garage & garden, which to me is a mansion.

Top Bottom