What is the weirdest heckle you've had while cycling ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sackville d

Veteran
A couple of weeks ago I passed a lycra clad MTBer covered in mud going up a steep hill. I cruised by him drinking out of my waterbottle. I was wearing jeans and overcoat.

I left him well behind as he struggled. A couple of miles later I stopped to buy eggs and he passed by, giving me that bastaxd look. I followed him and passed him without effort. I slowed right down asI came to my turn and as he passed, looking knackered, he did a treble check of me and called me a "cheating bastaxd".

I always use my Electric bike in Winter. :0)

P1050873.jpg

Steve
You cheating bastard Steve!^_^:cycle:

more a strange conversation than a 'heckle'.

I'm in the right hand lane marked straight on or right and not indicating he's in the left hand lane marked left, in a car...

"which way are you going love?" I cringe (hate the use of the word love & duck)
straight on
so why didn't you indicate?
(:wacko: and getting a little peeved) is it one finger or two for straight on?
(cue handy gap in traffic and leaves scene quickly...)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I was out riding my Di2 S-Works Tarmac SL4 with Zipp wheels when a 'yoof' in a old Vauxhall Nova at some lights wound down the window and said "oi pr*ck sell your bike and buy a car, its faster and you don't look like a twat".... The fat teengage girl in the passenger seat starting laughing and snorting and called me a self-gratification artist in lycra
I smiled and clear clearly stated that I could sell only the wheels on my bike and purchase the car he was driving, and still have enough money to buy his pet pig which would save him from having to take her to market.
The lights changed and I rode off by turning left and avoiding them, before what I said had even registered.

Last edited:

PoliceMadAd

Can't remember the last time I had something shouted at me on my cycle to work towards Nuthall in Notts, but when I used to go to Derby City centre it was a regular occurrence. Oddly, I miss it.

nappadang

Über Member
A car slowed down when passing me this afternoon. The passenger looked me square in the eye and called me a "helmet wearing pussy." both driver and passenger roared with laughter as they drove off.
Small things/small minds and all that.

400bhp

Guru
This morning I had some scouser (don't worry I was in Liverpool-one of them hadn't escaped :whistle:) look at me quite seriously and tell me "there's a bus behind you".

Bus was about 100m back and I was in the LH lane of a fairly empty DC 40mph road.:wacko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom