What is the worst bike you have ever bought? And be honest!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Anyone remember the Chopper sprint?

Raleigh Pioneer hybrid bike from Halfords...as in the shop more than I got to ride it. I don't think I had a month...no...not even a fortnight clear without having to take it back in!

e-rider

crappy member
I have never bought a crap bike, however, I have owned quite a few. Back in the 1990s when I was very poor, it was still common to leave old bikes out for the binmen - I used to get these and build useable bikes from them - some were very bad indeed but all working and reasonably safe! I once discovered that some peanut had cut part-way through both cranks before leaving the bike out for the binmen. I discovered this when one crank arm snapped almost killing me - the other crank had been cut too - evil bastards!

e-rider

crappy member
Specialized sirrus sport. Too big causing chronic tennis elbow and the gears ground. It got stolen and then more foolishly was replaced with another sirrus which I sold after 6 months! I won't ever have another
I used to think Specialized made good bikes, but I now know better. MAMILS love their top end models though - another good reason not to buy one!

e-rider

crappy member
FFS. Why? That's just idiotic.
it's the same mindset as those that smash things up before taking to the dump to prevent anyone else using them! If it's going to the dump, they clearly don't want it so why not let someone else have a go if they want.

SS Retro

Anyone remember the Chopper sprint?
Saw a mint one at the British Tour Series Colne GP last summer, they had a chopper race before the main race.
The 'sprint' was met green horrible and strangely attractive all at the same time :headshake:
sprint009.jpg

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
I have never bought a crap bike, however, I have owned quite a few. Back in the 1990s when I was very poor, it was still common to leave old bikes out for the binmen - I used to get these and build useable bikes from them - some were very bad indeed but all working and reasonably safe! I once discovered that some peanut had cut part-way through both cranks before leaving the bike out for the binmen. I discovered this when one crank arm snapped almost killing me - the other crank had been cut too - evil b******s!
Hey bro, you got my respect I hope your no longer poor and able to enjoy life

berty bassett

Legendary Member
rapidly going off my winter bike - a beat up giant ocr 4 so far this year 4 punctures , snapped chain , snapped rear hanger and just went to go out and think bb has decided to make evil noises - either that or back wheel bearings - either way another ride pickled:cursing:

Top Bottom