What is your best cycling related purchase of 2018.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Brifters for my road bike. Changing gear at speed using thumb shifters mounted either side of the stem was decidedly worrying.

clockworksimon

Über Member
BTwin riser stem to help me keep riding during a period of back pain.

£50 Halfords turbo trainer along with wahoo HRM. Realisation that used with iPad and GCN indoor training videos makes training in winter evenings much more bearable.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Can't make my mind up but one of these:

A piddly, but quite loud, bell that is great for moving farm chickens out of lanes.

A canister thingy that fits in a bottle cage to store my Moby in. My new bibs don't have pockets like the old ones and not all my cycling tops have pockets either.

Elite Turbo trainer - VERY dull but does the job.

My new bike. It's like this one but is a lot grubbier:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEFavBl3b8

Ladies' MTB capri bottoms from Decathlon. My bum is very happy in the saddle with these, so much so, that I went and bought a second pair. They also seem to be tear-proof, and thus saved me a trip to the quacks to have my knees cleaned out after my crash back in November.

The £42 rail fare from Ely to Winchester back in September, and the 50k I did that day. I plan on doing that again this summer - but with a more appropriate bike. (And hopefully I won't get lost this time...)

Clipless pedals & shoes. (SPD)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
My best cycle related purchase was either my 6 speed Brompton 9 streets or my entry fee into Tuscany Road 2018.

A hard call.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I ordered some new allen keys from Spa at the end of last year & used them yesterday for the first time. Can't believe I've fiddled about with std allen keys for so long, these bigger ones with hand sized grips are so much easier to use. They seem good quality, but time will tell. Reduced from £30 to a tenner, so a bargain too :okay:
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s72p3653/BIKE-HAND-Allen-Key-Set-YC-TPHB-10

Top Bottom