Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 81-90

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Above 90

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Reading my Garmin Connect data for the last week, at one point my sleepy-night-night heart rate got down to 35. I'm either very fit or at deaths door.

Tin Pot

Guru
Many happy returns ;)
49 today :P

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My pulse rate is getting low again. It used to be very low (~34 bpm lying in bed) but went up to a relatively high (for me) 55-60 bpm when I got fat, and an absolutely HORRENDOUS 150+ bpm when I had my pulmonary embolism. I think it is 40-odd now but I haven't checked it properly.

I'd be very interested to know what it does while I am asleep. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the rate falling just as I dozed off (in the quiet room I could hear the pulse). I reckon that it was close to 30 bpm - instead of ba-bump-ba-bump-ba-bump... it was more like b-bump................b-bump................b-bump................

I'll put some new batteries in my HRM and wear it overnight to see what's what.

Tin Pot

Guru
Have you lot looked at heart rate variability?

Apparently 80-100ms is good, reflecting a relaxed, well rested, healthy individual.

50-60ms is bad, person under stress, fight or flight response activated.

Mine is 25ms, going as low 8ms last week. :sad:

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Apparently 80-100ms is good, reflecting a relaxed, well rested, healthy individual.

There are a series of podcasts that talk about HRV that you may find of interest. One in particular talks about what you see in elite well trained athletes and the less fit population. Podcasts generally 50 mins to an hour.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just got a new gadget: a Fitbit Alta HR. I'm wearing it on my wrist as I type this, and it tells me my heart rate is about 55 bpm.
I bought it for a few things: I wanted to know what my resting heart rate is, so if it's 55 now, it may be even lower when I'm sleeping. I also wanted to know what it gets to during my rides to and from work.

[edit, 29/4/18] I'll be returning the Fitbit, as it doesn't properly do what I bought it for, which is to measure my heart rate. I'm very unimpressed with it.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Just checked mine again, as sitting comfortably for about an hour, 41bpm.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Got an Apple Watch 3 a few weeks back so been using that for running and swimming etc . One of the things it also monitors is HRV. Just had a look for last month and it’s averaging 82. Peaks and troughs of all months though ! Need to get a new HRM for running as the wrist based thing is abit all over the place at times. Fine when not , resting HR has been as low as 40 when sleeping

Tin Pot

Guru
Got an Apple Watch 3 a few weeks back so been using that for running and swimming etc . One of the things it also monitors is HRV. Just had a look for last month and it’s averaging 82. Peaks and troughs of all months though ! Need to get a new HRM for running as the wrist based thing is abit all over the place at times. Fine when not , resting HR has been as low as 40 when sleeping

One of th benefits of he Apple Watch is having a record of all entries, rather than just max/min/avg or whatever.

If you go into your Health app > Heart > Heart Rate > Scroll left to a particular day > “i” > Show all data

This shows you every record collected, you can scroll through and see when your minimum value was recorded, and if the time or day, and entries either side make sense.

My minimum was 30 yesterday, just after midday, my heart rate two minutes before was 65 and two minutes after was 67, so I’m comfortable that this was a misread and I can ignore it.

Same for max values.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My minimum was 30 yesterday, just after midday, my heart rate two minutes before was 65 and two minutes after was 67, so I’m comfortable that this was a misread and I can ignore it.
Not necessarily ... I can get my heart to do that! I was lying on my right side in bed last night and could hear the pulse in my right ear. It was well down in the thirties (ba-bump Mississippi Mississippi ba-bump Mississippi Mississippi...) As soon as I started thinking about it the pulse rate went up to a more normal 50ish (ba-bump Mississippi ba-bump Mississippi...) I relaxed and it slowed down again. I could cause it to happen at will.

GuyBoden

Guru
What about your systolic and diastolic blood pressure?

Systolic blood pressure

"When your heart beats, it contracts and pushes blood through the arteries to the rest of your body. This force creates pressure on the arteries. This is called systolic blood pressure.

A normal systolic blood pressure is 120 or below. A systolic blood pressure of 120-139 means you have normal blood pressure that is higher than ideal, or borderline high blood pressure. Even people with this level are at a greater risk of developing heart disease."

Diastolic blood pressure
"The diastolic blood pressure number indicates the pressure in the arteries when the heart rests between beats.

A normal diastolic blood pressure number is 80 or less. A diastolic blood pressure between 80 and 89 is normal, but higher than ideal."

My Dad had one of these:
blood-pressure1-300x195.jpg

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
I have the BP monitor too.

And I’ve had my heart rhythm/signalling checked out my ECG.

I’d still recommend you look at any apparently unusual max/min by looking at the individual records.

Top Bottom