Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 81-90

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Above 90

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Usually in the low 40s, but dips below 40 every now and then. Not bad for being 49. Though I find it harder each year to get my max hr over 170.
This shows how individual it is.

A few days before my 49th birthday last November I ran a 10k race and PB'd with an average bpm of 171, maxing out at 184 in the sprint finish.

No idea what my resting is though as I only wear my Garmin when running.

50. Not bad for an unfit 66 year old. Shoulder op in 4 weeks or so, then the long road to fitness begins!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm like most on here,with a resting rate in the 50-60 range. Though some days it's 61,but we aren't counting the one are we?:whistle: Anyway,my main point is my heart rate returning to "normal" after vigorous exercise. I haven't been cycling for a while. Instead i've been walking up and down my local park 10,15 or 20 times,like i did the other day. It's quite a climb and it makes my heart go at about 100-110 bpm. I don't bother with heart rate monitors. I just put my hand on the left of my chest and count the beats,while looking at my stopwatch. My heart will be racing at 100 bpm,then it'll suddenly drop down to around 70,then back down to around 60 bpm when i've been sat down for about 45 seconds. I think/hope this is good isn't it?

D

Deleted member 1258

It’s a huge problem. I had a heart attack aged 61 in October 2015. Long story, I thought I’d simply bonked on a ride, but decided, as things didn’t feel “quite right,” that as a man in his 60s perhaps I should pop down to A&E. Being a cyclist possibly saved me from at the least a very serious heart attack.

The rehab nurses made it clear that while most men know to look out for testicular lumps or peeing difficulty most are unaware of the warning signs from the heart. Apparently it’s even worse in women.

I had shoulder pain on a ride in November 2016 and thought I'd picked up a shoulder injury, when I went out for a ride a few days later and couldn't because it hurt too much I contacted a doctor, it turned out I'd had a mild heart attack, I spent a week in hospital and had another stent added to the four I already had due to angina in 2008

Slick

Guru
I had shoulder pain on a ride in November 2016 and thought I'd picked up a shoulder injury, when I went out for a ride a few days later and couldn't because it hurt too much I contacted a doctor, it turned out I'd had a mild heart attack, I spent a week in hospital and had another stent added to the four I already had due to angina in 2008
That's a new one on me.

Jeez what a difference a week makes, I came down with food poisoning last Saturday and my resting HR now after my stomach getting back to normalish is 67bpm :ohmy:
Hopefully today is a bit of a step to recovery; my seated HR is about 61bpm today. I'm going to do Friday's recovery turbo again and see what the results are. On Friday it maxed at 91% bpm and ave 81% bpm not that much lower than a full TT (about 10%):ohmy:

D

Deleted member 1258

That's a new one on me.

Heart pain can often start in the chest spread to the shoulder and down the arm, and it can affect either side. When I was having problems with angina it felt like severe indigestion and would start in the chest and, if I didn't start taking it easy, spread to the right shoulder and arm, the heart attack gave me right shoulder pain without the chest pain and a different pain to the angina, if I'd had the same chest pain as the angina I'd have known straight away what was going on.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
What's the point of this thread?

Drago

Legendary Member

A week on Hossy? I was ambo'd in at 10pm, straight in through my wrist, kicked out 1pm the following day because they needed the bed for some ill bloke. I was weak as a kitten for a month of so after though, so was more or less housebound.

D

Deleted member 1258

A week on Hossy? I was ambo'd in at 10pm, straight in through my wrist, kicked out 1pm the following day because they needed the bed for some ill bloke. I was weak as a kitten for a month of so after though, so was more or less housebound.

When I had an angiogram and stenting done in 2008 for the angina it was done as day surgery, went in one day and came out the following day, When I had the heart attack they spent some time doing tests before doing an angiogram and stenting operation. the angiogram revealed a blockage.

Hopefully today is a bit of a step to recovery; my seated HR is about 61bpm today. I'm going to do Friday's recovery turbo again and see what the results are. On Friday it maxed at 91% bpm and ave 81% bpm not that much lower than a full TT (about 10%):ohmy:
Thats closer to where it should be on the session 76% average; 85% max for the Zone 4 sprints. My HR is still not recovering as fast as it could (staying above 70%in the cool down but its an improvement :-/

Top Bottom