Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 81-90

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Above 90

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Heart rate recovery is an interesting one and must depend on the intensity and length of the previous exertions. Heart rate can lag behind your effort. So even as you ease off it is still trying to catch up with the previous demand. So how fast it drops will vary.
If you start counting once it begins to drop for one minute that should be accurate and consistent.

lane

Veteran
I have got it down to just under 60 which is where it was until a lay off in exercise and bad bout of flu over the winter. I didn't check it untilI I was fully recovered (I think) from the flu and was surprised it was then into the 70s. Got back into exercise in late Jan and it has slowly been coming down and is just below 60 now. Previously between 55 and 60.

Tim Hall

I donate platelets and as part of the checks before each donation they check my pulse. The donor centre is in Tooting which I either drive to or cycle to, depending on how my day pans out. If I drive my pulse is 55 or so. One time I cycled there, giving it beans up the A217, arriving as a heavy breathing mess. Despite having rested 10 minutes my pulse was 90, which caused the donor carer a slight alarm/puzzlement until I explained

Tin Pot

Guru
Just totted up the average on my watch. Daily rate is 52+/-
Daily rate?

Are you asleep all day?:laugh:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I think mine must be somewhere around 50 or so, maybe even lower. But that's just a rough idea from listening to it while lying in bed, before I get to sleep. I haven't used any devices to measure it.

si_c

Guru
46 this morning, which is pretty normal, was a bit under the weather recently, and it went up to low 60s.

Top Bottom