What old cycling technology don't you ever want to see again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
It is alright someone missed my irony meter. My recumbent is firmly remaining 9 speed and friction shift, road bike is 10 speed and bar end indexed, and Brompton 3 speed.
I didn’t miss the humour , I never had you down as a 12 speed guy :laugh:.
EDIT I was at Mill end plants GC on Tuesday, I did look out for a ruthless tyrant on a recumbent ^_^

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Brookes Professional Saddle:

Fitted to Raleigh Team Professional c1972/3.

Aged 16 I rode from Gravesend to Herne Hill in streaming rain to watch cycle racing on the old wooden velodrome, no mudguards.

The saddle sunk in the centre and was very uncomfortable - despite using the tensioning device it never regained its shape properly.

Ended up replacing it with another saddle (can't remember what it was) and that never caused a problem.

roley poley

Über Member
those "do it all" plate spanners that were given away on a budget bike purchase
Screenshot 2022-03-09 8.42.29 PM.png

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
those "do it all" plate spanners that were given away on a budget bike purchase View attachment 634564

Still have those sitting in the tools boxes and occasionally prove useful when I can’t find the right stand alone spanner or need something slim.

bagpuss

Guru
These things 😟
Gave off hardly any light, heavy, ugly and cost all my pocket money on batteries!
The batteries were awful . Soon went flat . They could have made them last longer even back in the 70's . Sell more cheaper ones = more profit .

Top Bottom