What plans have you got for when you retire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my free time I’ll already doing what I like to do, read, ride, travel, paint, listen to music. So I don’t plan to take up anything new when I retire, just looking forward to more time to do the things I already like to do. For example spending at least a quarter of each year traveling.

I do have a few things I’m going to stop doing, number one being woken by a friggin alarm clock at 5am every work day.

I have about 10-12 years to go before retiring, just got to keep working a while longer to pay to get the the kid through school and college before I’m out.

Mrs M

Guru
Go on holiday more often (golf for Mr M and fat biking for me). Also go to different places we’ve always fancied.
(My dream) :dry: Adopt a “cat friendly” rescue greyhound (or two) :wub: give them a lovely happy home and maybe train them as thrapets and maybe go and visit the local nursing home. MIL was in there and the highlight of their day was when a neighbouring ginger cat peeped through the window :sad: Think the olds, dogs and us would enjoy it :smile:
Do more walking and take the doggies to training or agility (for fun and bonding) :smooch:
Stay in our current house but sell the flat, so no landlord duties.
Have more time in the garden. Possibly allow Mr M to go on a wee golfing holiday with his pals.
Would wind down slowly though, go part time them fully retire.
Mr M’s job is going in 2 years so he may get something part time or just retire then, see how he feels.
Not wishing life away but looking forward to a new chapter :thumbsup:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whats a Morgan please? Is it a car?
Here 'tis:
Morgan_Plus_8_@01.JPG

They are rather unique as the body frame is made from wood.

View: https://youtu.be/p4c9i250pc4

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not sure if I'll ever fully retire - I did try it once aged 48 but got bored after a year so I'm a 'happy semi' I guess.

Irrespective of my exact status my main plan is to stave off the Grim Reaper as long as possible. :boxing:

MarkF

Guru
Do it now, anyone can just drop dead, even the fittest person. I've lost loads of friends and relatives very young.
When most people I know finished work they couldnt get out of there quick enough,theres no need for any retired person to be alone unless they want to be.None of them have started with mental health problems, they have been off doing things everyday.

I think @Moodyman was right, I know many people like you do who are just as you describe, that's good. But (in my job) I deal with many hundreds, who I don't know, every year who are as he describes. Lost, ill, fat, lonely......... waiting to die basically. Tbh most of my workmates have done nothing of note in their lives and when work is over, they'll go the same way.

Top Bottom