What "positives" do you get from cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
you forgot the ankle to thigh tan

I have a graduated fade thing going on, personally. Bit of a line at the ankle and then it fades paler as it goes up the leg. Have quite brown patches just above the knees though but no razor sharp line above (I think it's because I wear baggies over cycling shorts and have various length padded shorts too).

buddha

Veteran
I got a "nice legs!" comment from two young ladies this morning:smile:
Although in reality I think they "Should 'ave gone to Specsavers!"

rvw

Guru
Fitness. Better legs*. Being less worried about getting wet in the rain. Several great holidays (Belgium to Spain in 3 weeks, LonJoG, gentle pottering in Flanders). Particularly great sharing those on a tandem with srw. And...
But most of all? Friends. Cycling has brought me, made me, and maintains me loads of friends.
+1!

*you really don't want to know what they were like before.

RoyPSB

Über Member
I have never thought of myself suffering with depression, but I do find if I'm troubled or just feeling a little low, a good little belt out on the bike seems to lift the spirits. Gets those endorphins going that help to put life in perspective. Meeting like minded people is great too.

Same with me. Stressful job so a couple of hours on the bike really helps me forget about it too. But always start to feel a bit low if I can't get out for any reason.

I've really got into it over the last couple of years and watch far more now than I ever used to (would just watch the TDF each year). Football used to be my passion but I'm very disenchanted with it now - cycling (doing and watching) has certainly taken over.

Nihal

Veteran
Yes,made it just in time...............you all forgot decrease in wallet size,in case you've got small pockets:whistle:

Nihal

Veteran
I got a "nice legs!" comment from two young ladies this morning:smile:
Although in reality I think they "Should 'ave gone to Specsavers!"
Pffftt

Edit:Sorry,thought you were Potsy,you know he has a cat in his avatar,so do you...........Sorry:banghead:

Jodee1kenobi

Cycling helps to clear my head when I have too much going through it!
Being able to talk to people on my travels, something you can't do in a car.
Lifts my mood.
I have made some fabulous friends through cycling.
I get to spend time with my daughter out on the bike and my son on the tandem. (Am working on Mr Jodee1kenobi to get out on a bike as well;))

D

Deleted member 20519

Freedom! Haven't gotten very far, the furthest I've cycled away from my town is about 30 miles but I know I can do more - if I didn't have a bike, I can guarantee I wouldn't have been to some of the places I've gone.

Top Bottom