What (readily-available) drinks are best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am not suggesting you did say that, I am contextualising your bullshit for you, since you are so farking ignorant to the shite spewing forth from your keyboard you don't recognise it as sewage!

Until you get a speed measuring device that is properly calibrated, pretty much anything you say is worth nothing more than piss on the pavement.

C7KEN

Über Member
Kookas do yourself a favor and post a strada reading then everyone can see exactly what you are doing. I understand you are saying you think you are doing 30mph between roundabouts and other obsticles over a distance of about 2.5 miles. Maybe you are young and very fit so I won't knock you untill we see the proof using strada. I can hold 30kph on the flat on my 11.3kg hybrid for a couple of hundred metres and usually try to average 20kph on most rides but i'm 70 yrs old . My 18yr old son on a basic mountain bike can do this for far longer and when we get to a hill he takes off. Before anyone thinks i'm exagerating no I dont yet have strava and I am talking about kilometres/hr not MPH

Hip Priest

Veteran
Have you never had times when your endurance was significantly better than other times? Hm. Maybe it's something that stops happening once you hit 40 years old.

Yes, I imagine that people cease being able to overcome the basic laws of physics when they enter their 5th decade.

VamP

Banned
This has to be the funniest thread in quite some time.

Front cassette. Performance enhancing ''hyperness''. Brilliant.

Behave yourselves, I quite like him [probably cos I'm nearer to his age :whistle:] threads like this don't come along that often err, ok never. I digress again, Kookas, is that slang for kick ass? You didn't say if your bike had knobbly tyres or not? Finally just to keep things from getting heated, do you wear a helmet and / or earphones?

Methinks it is probably past his bedtime........to be resumed.

VamP

Banned
I have restless leg syndrome, guess how fast I can go when anxious!

Depends on whether your cassette is at the front or at the back I expect. Or maybe both wheels - 2wd - that would make you faster for sure, especially with your restless leg.

mattobrien

Guru
I have been looking at shortcuts to improve my cycling performance and speeds. Today I will be popping along to Halfords to see if they will let me trade in my roadie for one on their heavier off road offerings.

I am wondering if a full susser will make me go even faster? I guess the only real way to find out will be to find some very congested and slow moving traffic to cycle past, obviously without a speedo or Strava to verify my achievements.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Yep definitely a full suspension Apollo with knobly underinflated tyres....then add a special " front road cassette" ....and you too can achieve speeds that lesser mortals could only dream of.;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not going to say anything about the veracity of the claims except:

1. Doing anything in traffic, in any vehicle, when 'hyper', that involves going as fast as possible, sounds pretty dangerous. If your speed is dictated by mood, you're not in proper control of yourself.

2. Doing 30mph on a 'crappy Halfords MTB' sounds like it's way outside the safe handling parameters of the bike. How fast can you stop?

Top Bottom