What (readily-available) drinks are best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Im guessing the said MTB is attatched to the top of the car he is in at the time. 30-40 mph on a scraggy old Helfrauds bike the only time thats likely to happen is when you chuck it off a cliff.

Im usually good for 40 mph on my road bike i can even do it uphill when im on my way back from the blood transfusion centre :secret:

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
how long do you expect to be able to hold 30mph for...??

I was on the middleway for about 2.5mi, with occasional stopping and starting at roundabouts. I'll admit I was hyper as fark, though I did say that before but no one noticed that part.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
... I'll repeat: I never said 40 on the flat (but bear in mind that a motorbike weighs more than a bicycle). I've already said that it takes a good hill to get near 40. 30 is doable, though. I'll mention that I didn't maintain this speed for miles, only from the point where I hit the middleway.

Ok I am bearing in mind your point that a motorbike weighs more than a bicycle (unless it's a Halfords Apollo of course!) but it also occurs to me that a car weighs more than a bicycle - so I'm not sure what your point is - unless you are saying that because your bike is lighter than a car you can go faster than a car?

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
Ok I am bearing in mind your point that a motorbike weighs more than a bicycle (unless it's a Halfords Apollo of course!) but it also occurs to me that a car weighs more than a bicycle - so I'm not sure what your point is - unless you are saying that because your bike is lighter than a car you can go faster than a car?

Well, if you stuck a car engine in there, yeah. 5hp must be more than 40mph on a bike.

I was on the middleway for about 2.5mi, with occasional stopping and starting at roundabouts. I'll admit I was hyper as f***, though I did say that before but no one noticed that part.

that doesn't really answer the question - how long can you usually hold 30mph for..??

When you say 'hyper' - presumably you'd just snorted something..??

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was on the middleway for about 2.5mi, with occasional stopping and starting at roundabouts. I'll admit I was hyper as f***, though I did say that before but no one noticed that part.
Ok. I'm starting to think that hyper is referring to something that perhaps is inhaled. Particularly as you've stated this doesn't happen in a morning or your homeward commute. Your choice. Your rules. I can't make my bike go that quick. (Guess that's why it's called s......)

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
that doesn't really answer the question - how long can you usually hold 30mph for..??

When you say 'hyper' - presumably you'd just snorted something..??

No, I mean hyper, as in hyperactivity? When you have a load of energy and you have no idea where it came from.

Usually, if I can get to 30mph then I can also hold it until something like traffic or an uphill climb stops me, or the road surface changes for the worse. If I can't hold it for significant distance then I probably don't have the energy in me to even attain those speeds.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Yeah you keep saying this, sound's like a school yard term for "I'm a knobber".

No, I mean hyper, as in hyperactivity? When you have a load of energy and you have no idea where it came from.

Usually, if I can get to 30mph then I can also hold it until something like traffic or an uphill climb stops me, or the road surface changes for the worse. If I can't hold it for significant distance then I probably don't have the energy in me to even attain those speeds.

Well, you are either a truly awesome, undiscovered talent (which is possible), or you don't know what you are talking about (which, to be fair, is probably more likely in this case). For that reason, I'm out.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Usually, if I can get to 30mph I can hold it until something like traffic or an uphill climb stops me, or the road surface changes for the worse.

You are talking bullshit............. A very fast tester (time trial rider) can hold just over 30 mph for say a 25 mile TT riding a time trial (special aerodynamic) bike, wearing a skin suit and a spaceman helmet plus countless hours of training, an average road rider will not hold 30mph for long at all

OP
OP
Kookas

Kookas

Über Member
You are talking bulls***............. A very fast tester (time trial rider) can hold just over 30 mph for say a 25 mile TT riding a time trial (special aerodynamic) bike, wearing a skin suit and a spaceman helmet plus countless hours of training, an average road rider will not hold 30mph for long at all

When I say I can do 30mph for 25 miles on a 30kg MTB, then you can bitch. All this taking of everything I say to extremes feels like I'm reading the Sun.

Have you never had times when your endurance was significantly better than other times? Hm. Maybe it's something that stops happening once you hit 40 years old.

For the record, 25-30 approx mph over 2.5 with 2 roundabouts in the middle, both of which made me come to a complete stop and then I had to accelerate again.

Top Bottom