What sort of cylist are you? musings of a bored IT worker

What best describes you? You may well be a fusion of one or more but vote its only fun!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
a bit of a mix of all of them except for the USG racer ones, although have been them in the past :whistle:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Not sure where I fit: Audax, long-distance/endurance, with a bit of testing thrown in. Plus touring: the credit card sort.

G-Zero

Über Member
Until this summer I only cycled occasionally, but since I stopped driving in June due to dizzy spells, I was sort of forced in to depending on the bike as my main mode of transport.
Since that time I have built my mileage (1600 to date), stamina and fitness up and now have a totally different outlook to cycling.

I have turned down offers of lifts to work, preferring to stay on the bike and even though I'm expecting to be driving again early in the new year, I'm fully intending staying on the bike.

So, although I started back on the bike for none of the options in the poll; and there are both financial and eco aspects to riding, my main reason for staying in the saddle is fitness.

MGBLemonrider

Started 60/40 Fitness/Financial but now wouldsay 40/40/20 Fitness/Financial/Eco two years of 11 mile each way changes the way you think about things.
@G-Zero, if you're waiting on the DVLA don't hold your breath my 6 month revocation after a single fit lasted nearly 13months

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The Financial Commuter description is surely incomplete?

"... to save money. First bike is a bit rubbish, give it to a mate and buy a more expensive one. Ride that for six months then fall victim to Shiny New Bike Lust. Spend twice as much on next bike than used to spend on Travelcard."

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was too late to vote but there doesn't appear to be an option for "Commuter who frequently also rides centuries at the weekend. During the night. In the cold."

C

chillyuk

I'm none of the categories. I cycle because I like to cycle. Cycling also helps keep hip and knee arthritis under control and I am convinced it contributes to my mental health far more than any of the chemicals the doctors prescribe.

Ajay

Veteran
I'm so glad I don't live in London (or other big city), I can just ride my bike and enjoy it without the need to pigeon-hole myself or feel I'm making some kind of political statement every time I pull on the lycra.

DrDrill

.......and just incase this lables me a MAMIL. I've always cycled my first bike was a fixie. cool or what! (1973) epic skids. Then a Chopper with THREE gears Whoa!!. Then a 5 speed racer that weighed as much as a small family car. Then a 10 speed and from that point on i've built many Frankenbikes, my current being a no name road bike with microshift bits to try them out......although technically I am MAM & I do wear lycra.....DAMN! I'm off to buy some baggies :biggrin:

Top Bottom