What sort of cylist are you? musings of a bored IT worker

What best describes you? You may well be a fusion of one or more but vote its only fun!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmcd35

I can't work out which category I fit into. I cycle primarily because I enjoy it. Commuting to work saves me money and while sometimes that's intentional it's more a side effect. I have about a dozen sportives planned this year so I suppose all that commuting and those sportives will keep me fit, but again that's a side effect. No doubt I'll do a few weekend leisure rides to the coast when the weather improves.

I can at least say that I'm not a racer, I'll get there when I get there. I'm no urban street gang hoodlum (though it does sound fun). And as for the eco- business, I give my engine a few extra revs when I use the car to help keep up my C02 quota.

In short - I think you need an extra option - cycling for pleasure.

GrasB

Veteran
Don't let the panniers, small wheels, balloon tyres, hub gear & dynamo hub of my Azub Eco fool you... I'm a full on racer capable of dropping an afternoon pace line of Uni students :evil:

Edge705

fitness commuter currently laid up on crutches through no fault of the bike at least a week maybe 3 Im gutted pics to follow but only if youve got a strong stomach!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I am an Olympic cyclist out of season, i only need to now do the training , the diet and get some talent and i will get picked , i am sure i will

Rural halfwit

I suppose I fall into the' anti' USG the yin to their yang),but with the hi viz,lights and often following the USG who has just left the scene of a mobile phone theft.I also make nee nah noises on the odd occasion :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I ride to get to places and sometimes just for fun.

Due to recent long term illness I hadn't been able to walk any distance at all without falling over or being in pain so cycling ranged from getting across the road to the shops and the GP's to doing 25-30 miles for the fun of it. My really short rides are diminishing as my ability to walk improves.
Also I cycle locally to save money by not using the car if I don't need to. Sometimes that is my commute, sometimes not.

I also cycle to get between where I park my car and where my gf lives.

Top Bottom