What to do with a E-bike nobber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
That would knock my levo out too

What’s a levo?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
What’s a levo?

An ebike :laugh: but this one is ridden responsibly... But i can be a nobber at times:whistle:

Ubarrow

Regular
A couple of things here, are you sure it’s an illegal bike. I have a legal ebike and often ride at 20-25mph (obviously not like this guy..........)
And, if it is illegal then the police don’t need to catch him speeding, just riding it. Having taken possession of the bike I’m not sure how they would go about checking and measuring etc, and I suspect they don’t really know either - which is probably why you are having difficulty interesting them.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
A couple of things here, are you sure it’s an illegal bike. I have a legal ebike and often ride at 20-25mph (obviously not like this guy..........)
And, if it is illegal then the police don’t need to catch him speeding, just riding it. Having taken possession of the bike I’m not sure how they would go about checking and measuring etc, and I suspect they don’t really know either - which is probably why you are having difficulty interesting them.

He doesn't pedal it, quick pedal burst then its off.. Pedals still.

My ebike and ive had 2 need pedalling all the time to be assisted upto 15.5mph then your on your own.
If I'm riding along this cycle-pedestrian route at my usual 15-18mph this guy comes past like im hardly moving, seriously quick and is in the distance in seconds.

I hung around after work to confront him but he didn't show.
I was in my van so not on thecycle way, maybe i should drive after him ;)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought all assistance cut out at 15mph on these E bikes ? So going by your quote of riding at 20-25mph I assume that's under your own steam and on the flat or downhill ? Which is fair enough however I've yet to meet an E bike that can ride faster than me on the flat or downhill ? Thats not trying hard neither, they just seem to slow down ?? Maybe its the type of motor in use ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yep I've seen that before but surely that's not what we are taking about here ? If we are, I'd be getting in touch with the police myself as that ridden at that speed on a path is utterly idiotic. Seriously if you want to ride that fast buy a motor bike ?

Smudge

Veteran

What ebike do you have ?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What’s it got to do with his employer?

Nothing, but it's a good move tactically.

If you fear someone won't listen to you, get someone to tell them who they will listen to.

I saw a lorry driver chuck a food wrapper from his moving cab.

I contacted the name of the company written on the door.

The transport manager replied to apologise, and to assure me the driver had been warned.

Top Bottom