What to do with a E-bike nobber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark pallister

Nothing, but it's a good move tactically.

If you fear someone won't listen to you, get someone to tell them who they will listen to.

I saw a lorry driver chuck a food wrapper from his moving cab.

I contacted the name of the company written on the door.

The transport manager replied to apologise, and to assure me the driver had been warned.
Find out where he lives then and tell his mam
the lorry driver was presumably in a works van during works time
this is just a bloke riding his bike it’s got absolutely nothing at all to do with his employer

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Nothing, but it's a good move tactically.

If you fear someone won't listen to you, get someone to tell them who they will listen to.

I saw a lorry driver chuck a food wrapper from his moving cab.

I contacted the name of the company written on the door.

The transport manager replied to apologise, and to assure me the driver had been warned.

I reported a van driver to his manager when he turned up a one way road for a short cut to the little close I was working in. missed me by a few mm, he said I shouldn't be in the road....but there isn't a footpath mate and that was a one way with a big sign....
Bloody delivery driver for yodel.

His boss hopefully told him off but who knows,there all about targets ,I just didn't know I was one:laugh:

Smudge

Veteran
I reported a van driver to his manager when he turned up a one way road for a short cut to the little close I was working in. missed me by a few mm, he said I shouldn't be in the road....but there isn't a footpath mate and that was a one way with a big sign....
Bloody delivery driver for yodel.

His boss hopefully told him off but who knows,there all about targets ,I just didn't know I was one:laugh:

I order a fair amount of stuff from the net. Yodel are the most incompetent courier service i've experienced. If their drivers are anywhere near as hopeless at driving, i definitely dont want to meet them on the road.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
What’s it got to do with his employer?
The police aren't likely to do anything but employers generally don't like any of their employees, if identified as such, doing anything illegal. Many people have been sacked for a racist tweet or a pub fight, neither on work time.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought all assistance cut out at 15mph on these E bikes ? So going by your quote of riding at 20-25mph I assume that's under your own steam and on the flat or downhill ? Which is fair enough however I've yet to meet an E bike that can ride faster than me on the flat or downhill ? Thats not trying hard neither, they just seem to slow down ?? Maybe its the type of motor in use ?
Using drill motors is a popular hack.

DRM

Guru
Surely if it can go at the speeds claimed without pedalling, then it is an electric motorcycle in the eyes of the law, therefore it’s not registered, not insured, not being used with a crash helmet and being ridden on the path, so the police should be extremely interested in having a word with the rider of this mechanically propelled vehicle, shows a lack of knowledge & outright laziness from the plod who the op reported it to.

Smudge

Veteran
Surely if it can go at the speeds claimed without pedalling, then it is an electric motorcycle in the eyes of the law, therefore it’s not registered, not insured, not being used with a crash helmet and being ridden on the path, so the police should be extremely interested in having a word with the rider of this mechanically propelled vehicle, shows a lack of knowledge & outright laziness from the plod who the op reported it to.

I'm pretty sure the police are well aware of illegal ebikes being used on the road and cycle paths But with government cutbacks on policing, resulting in less manpower to deal with it, then it just cant and wont be enforced.
When a pedestrian is hit and killed by an ebike, then the police then have no choice but to investigate whether an ebike is road legal or not.
Which is a pretty shoot way of doing things. Money should be spent on preventing death, not just on investigating when it does.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
this is just a bloke riding his bike it’s got absolutely nothing at all to do with his employer

Quite right, but it does have everything to do with getting him to modify his behaviour.

A word with his employer, or his mam, could be the best way to do that.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's not far off that..but not one of them.
It does have a big motor in the rear wheel tho

For what it's worth, it sounds like a high powered direct drive motor, often called a pancake motor because of its large diameter.

They are also very quiet - something else you mentioned.

Lots of power, but next to no torque.

This makes them useless for general ebike use because they will not climb anything remotely steep.

What they will do - after being wound up by the rider - is go fast on the level.

Mark pallister

The police aren't likely to do anything but employers generally don't like any of their employees, if identified as such, doing anything illegal. Many people have been sacked for a racist tweet or a pub fight, neither on work time.
I bet no one has ever been sacked for riding there push bike fast

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
For what it's worth, it sounds like a high powered direct drive motor, often called a pancake motor because of its large diameter.

They are also very quiet - something else you mentioned.

Lots of power, but next to no torque.

This makes them useless for general ebike use because they will not climb anything remotely steep.

What they will do - after being wound up by the rider - is go fast on the level.

Yes, exactly that, it's flat terrain.
He has a quick pedal and then the motor takes off..
This guy is around my age , 50 + from the brief look I get.. he really should know better.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Last time I was at Llandegla there were two lads on these (fortunately I only saw them at the jet wash). It's not a pedal bike, more an electric MX bike.

Bit naughty on a bike trail,way to fast.
And very likely to hurt someone.

I use my levo to keep up with son in law, he's just younger and a damn site fitter.
I never lead as he is on his normal mtb

Top Bottom