What tools do you carry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 2945085, member: 9609"]You reckon you have 30 seconds to brace yourself before hitting the ground. ?[/quote]
One of the people who encouraged me to get back in the saddle was an antique furniture restorer who works near me. He told me to wear padded gloves at all times... "You can't use your hands for ten days if you come off..."

Sound advice.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Topeak Hexus II multitool*
2 tubes
wee pump
Scabs
chocolate

*regarding multitools, I think they're over-rated. The tyre levers are too small and the Allen keys are too awkward and fiddly to use. Try tightening a rattling bottle cage with an Allen key on a multi-tool! Infuriating. If it weren't for the chain splitter (which I've never used and only have a broad idea how I'd use it), I think I'd ditch the multitool for a couple of Allen keys, a double ended screwdriver and a pair of decent tyre levers.

i have trained and taught my self effectively so that falling correctly is a reflex when i sense that i am falling i get into that position in less than probably half a minute

I'd have thought you'd just about have time to make a cup of tea in the half a minute it takes you to prepare to fall off.

Peteaud

Veteran
rode all through the winter and never came off my hybrid with 38mm hybrid tyres
i have trained and taught my self effectively so that falling correctly is a reflex when i sense that i am falling i get into that position in less than probably half a minute
has helped on push bikes and a motorbike once or twice
it's the same as getting punched or some other form of pain you automatically scream/shout and go ow!
Cheers Ed
Are you a ninja?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
My OH has some martial arts training and waxes lyrical about the art if a roll fall in the event of a bike crash. Doesn't explain his face plant a couple of years ago requiring extensive surgery and his hand injury last year, also requiring surgery!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My OH has some martial arts training and waxes lyrical about the art if a roll fall in the event of a bike crash. Doesn't explain his face plant a couple of years ago requiring extensive surgery and his hand injury last year, also requiring surgery!
I think you will find that was a "controlled body slam " ^_^

Big Nick

Tyre levers
Spare inner tube
Pump
Bike multi-tool
Mobile phone for a pick up if the above can't cover it!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Thanks, when I was married I had loads of friends and work colleagues, but I had an accident and then divorced all friends seem to disappear.
Due to the accident I don't work any more so no work colleagues and in the early days I could not go out much so I didn't meet any one, so I just excepted that my life was going to be on my own and this way it's not complicated.

Peteaud

Veteran
Thanks, when I was married I had loads of friends and work colleagues, but I had an accident and then divorced all friends seem to disappear.
Due to the accident I don't work any more so no work colleagues and in the early days I could not go out much so I didn't meet any one, so I just excepted that my life was going to be on my own and this way it's not complicated.
:cry:i am welling up

But you have us here at CC :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Never carried a multitool as I do not have access to the machine tools necessary to customise one to my own requirements, not sure whether I have even owned one. Unless you count the Swiss army multitool, which I only occasionally have for its wide flathead driver, and the blade which is always handy.
Current tally consists of this lot. Bike tools.jpg

Attachments

• Bike tools.jpg
    Bike tools.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 53

jayonabike