What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The Repair Shop BBC2 - a gentle, slow placed show where an unassuming team of experts restore family items.

You can't help but be impressed by the skills on show and the finished items. The only worry is that it looks like it's filmed in Midsomer...

Levo-Lon

Guru
The Repair Shop BBC2 - a gentle, slow placed show where an unassuming team of experts restore family items.

You can't help but be impressed by the skills on show and the finished items. The only worry is that it looks like it's filmed in Midsomer...

Its a super program, beats cook this or soaps hands down

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I've just watched Netflix "Unbelievable".

Definitely 5 stars out of 5 for me*, got me hooked, especially with sympathy towards Marie and how things played out for her. Tbh, it quite surprized me; Netflix seemed to have realized that you don't need model-like beautiful women with perfect bodies and all male leads to make an outstanding drama! It was all the better for it (especially when compared to the normal glossy dross with all the beautiful people networks over here tend to serve up). The acting by Merritt Wever, Kaitlyn Dever and Toni Collette was absolutely first class.

*a very slight quibble would be the final episode -just that tad overworked and a tiny bit longer than it should have been I thought.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Peaky Blinders - just watched Ep 1 & 2 S5.

Pretty good but really more of the same - some great music!

We're very late to this having got up to ep3 series 1. It is very good, albeit derivative, but so what. Love the historic look of it. The lead is more or less Al Pacino's Michael Corleone but again, hardly a a bad thing. Some of the brummie accents seem a bit strange, but very enjoyable show for all that

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This is really pretty good and is on iPlayer in three chunks:

Stag: A group of obnoxious friends struggle to survive the Stag Weekend from hell, as a deer-stalking expedition in the Scottish Highlands quickly turns messier than expected.

This too is on iPlayer and is a cracking watch:

State of The Union: Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd star in Nick Hornby's excellent short-form comedy exploring the relationship of a couple undergoing marital guidance.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Temple - Sky One and On Demand

Strangely compelling drama with Mark Strong, who is one of my favorite British actors and (in my opinion) very underrated

Also BRASSIC Sky One and On Demand

Only six episodes but surprisingly Laugh Out Load. a Bit of a cross between Twin Town and Trainspotting. Well worth a look

clid61

Veteran
Eat the Rich , on DVD. Not telly but not seen it for years !!!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
M&W Gone Fishing provided me with plenty of laugh out loud moments last week... even the day after.

Also enjoying Sanditon, although it's not exactly great or groundbreaking in any way. I know it's filmed around Somerset, but does anyone know where it's supposed to be? West country accents seem a bit thin on the ground.

edit... it's most likely Worthing, according to wikipedea.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

Forgot to mention last night's archaeological find... Instant Enlightenment including VAT ...a Play for Today from 1980 starring Simon Callow, Dot Cotton and more familiar faces from god knows what. Brilliant, weird, engaging. Lord knows what part of the USA Callow's character was supposed to be from... that was one hell of an accent! 9/10.

MontyVeda

Anything!!!! I've just got a proper TV for the first time in 3 yrs ... been watching on my laptop all this time :laugh::laugh::okay::okay:
I've just got my 1st pair of distance glasses... only a .25 prescription but blimey it makes a difference. I want to watch everything I've watched in the last twelve months again, only in focus.

Top Bottom