What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

groundy74

We discover an American series from 2009 called White Collar about an imprisoned forger (among other crimes) who works with the FBI to solve crimes. If you liked The Mentalist, this is similar.

We've watched one episode so far and it's looking promising.
Watched all seasons, absolutely superb, like all long running series the odd dull episode but on the whole really good with likable characters

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Designated Survivor ...like 24 meets The West Wing-if only Kiefer Sutherland really was president of the USA:reading:!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's meant to be all of those things! The episode where they fight the werewolves is absolute gold. Film is well worth a watch too.
Loved the film but the couple of episodes I've seen of the series, it's just not doing it for me.
Handmaiden tales - after recommendation from a friend I gave it a go. Unfortunately it is the second most overrated tv series I watched. It is not awaful or bad, but just fairly bland, in spite of bleak theme, good production, and in some cases very good acting. Weak writing (I have not read the book so not sure if it is just the adaptation's fault), lots of cheese, same tropes used over and over, heavy dose of virtue signalling. Some episodes seem stretched from 10m of material into 1h.
If you are after a sf series I do recommend Dark on Netflix before this.
Do you mean A Handmaid's Tale?

Is Dark the German series? Loved series one but can't get any subtitles to work for series two... so I might have to learn another language.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Anyone watched Killing Eve S3?

I absolutely loved the first series, enjoyed the second series although it didn't reach the same heights as the first, but this third series just hasn't captured me at all.
I'm up to Ep 3 and no doubt will get round to finishing it off, but slightly disappointed with it.

I absolutely loved the first series, enjoyed the second series although it didn't reach the same heights as the first, but this third series just hasn't captured me at all.
I'm up to Ep 3 and no doubt will get round to finishing it off, but slightly disappointed with it.
I agree, I stuck with S3 to the end and it had its moments but it didn’t grab me like S1. I do love the characters though.

johnnyb47

Guru
I gave up watching the tv tonight and went down memory lane watching some bygone tv programs on YouTube. Monkey Magic was religiously watched when i was a kid, and watching it tonight was hilarious. What a cult program (a bait total cringe worthy)

Totally unfashionable but I'm about to watch a programme about releasing 3 orphaned otters back into the wild.
A nice glass of red and some tasty cheese to help my feel good factor.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Great news for anyone with Amazon Prime Video, all 4 series of The Sweeney are now available to stream.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer
The female presenter wears an extremely low cut dress but she's so far away from the camera that she's permanently out of focus. Are the BBC trying to appease traditional male football fans and be politically correct at the same time?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer
The female presenter wears an extremely low cut dress but she's so far away from the camera that she's permanently out of focus. Are the BBC trying to appease traditional male football fans and be politically correct at the same time?
I haven’t watch tonight’s episode but i did raise a similar concern to mrs B last week regarding her dangerously exposed cleavage.
The program was quite funny and Crouch is a natural entertainer.

Adam4868

Guru
I haven’t watch tonight’s episode but i did raise a similar concern to mrs B last week regarding her dangerously exposed cleavage.
The program was quite funny and Crouch is a natural entertainer.
Funny...can't believe I watched the end of this show with my kids.The bit where Crouch wife pierced his eyebrow.I was sat there thinking is this really Saturday night tv
Roll on the pubs opening I'm cured

Levo-Lon

Guru
White lines, Netflix...ok I spose, passed a few hrs.

Season 3 Sinner , first 2 seasons were excellent, this looks to be up to the mark too so far

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I agree, I stuck with S3 to the end and it had its moments but it didn’t grab me like S1. I do love the characters though.
Finally got round to starting series three on Friday... I didn't have high hopes as series two wasn't a patch on series one. Different team of writers apparently.

Top Bottom