What underwear, if any

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philboi

Right iv asked quite a few cyclists this because I find that under my lycra boxers ride up leg and get cramped, normal pants are just too confined. What underwear do you find best to wear under lycra, or do you go commando?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
None, for the reasons you've given..

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I use seam-free underwear under the lycra. I did try using none under the lycra, but found that the chafing around the perineum area got worse on wet days. I know I could have used cream for that, but that just makes my daily commute too inconvenient, as it's just another preparation step to do. With the seam-free underwear, the chafing doesn't vanish, but it's minimal and I can live with it.

runner

Guru
if I am doing a long commute in the morning I do not wear underwear...quite simply it causes chafing I have not used any chamois cream yet and would be eager to hear what others thought of it, I understand you not only need to rub your finer parts with it but also the inside of your cycling shorts.

runner

Guru
I use seam-free underwear under the lycra. I did try using none under the lycra, but found that the chafing around the perineum area got worse on wet days. I know I could have used cream for that, but that just makes my daily commute too inconvenient, as it's just another preparation step to do. With the seam-free underwear, the chafing doesn't vanish, but it's minimal and I can live with it.
victor....i see you are from down under^_^

bpsmith

Veteran
Commando. No question.

Ian193

Über Member
If I'm riding to work then I wear underwear but whenever I'm just going for a ride I go commando

Top Bottom