What will the long term effects of the virus? Will something never be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Do you only have 'formal' sex with the people you know well?

Evening attire, and 'courtly' introductions..

That's very respectful of you :okay:
Well we are British you know old girl. 😂

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Natures Menu frozen raw dog food suppliers

"During this difficult time, we are still continuing to work hard to make and distribute the food your pets need, and love, however, due to the increased demand over the last few days, there is now a minimum five day delivery lead time on all orders.

We’d like to assure our customers that whilst we currently have good stock levels, we are seeing a number of instances where customers are ordering much larger amounts of pet food than normal, and we are concerned about the impact that the growing volume of orders will have on stock, and delivery times.

We know that this is a worrying time but we kindly ask you to be considerate and ensure you order the usual amount of food for your pet, to ensure we can meet all our customers’ needs and that nobody is left without."

People are even stocking up on frozen raw dog food! I think someone posted that they couldn't buy a freezer anywhere. I think cat and dog owners maybe contributing to that!

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

I wonder if it will decline the High Street further. People are already used to ordering stuff online. Maybe this will increase the trend.
As I have said while 3 people have said it won't. The trend was there before hand this will accelerate it. And as I said it will eventually see the closure of a lot of supermarkets with a significant increase in convenience stores again as I am already seeing.

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
Don't agree with the above. Small stores will always be needed. But they will continue to be squeezed by the big stores. Plus high street rates/rents etc

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Don't agree with the above. Small stores will always be needed. But they will continue to be squeezed by the big stores. Plus high street rates/rents etc
What are you talking about. I said there will BE an increase in small supermarkets (convenience stores)
As you said the others will struggle. I will continue to use butchers, fish mongers, cheese shop, cobbler's, local bike shop, milkman, dog groomers, seamstresses, coffee shop and of course pubs. I will also continue to use supermarket delivery because I live rural and I can't be arsed going into a supermarket and carrying a week worth of shopping when I am in town on the beer.
Today I bought £30 worth of vouchers for an independent cinema (have to be used within 5 years!). I only go when daughters come over about twice a tear. My daughter also bought £30 worth. Might be buying a lot of popcorn when it reopens!

Last edited:

CharlesF

Guru
Some pointers from the retail industry:

Working from home becomes the new normal
A permanent shift to online:
more consumers brought into online, whom previously might not have been
Retailers who put people before profit will be remembered well
Social contact & shared spaces become more important
and shopping local more popular
As with recessions, austerity-esque behaviours embedded post-recession there’s no guarantee people will go back to their old behaviours
Personal and financial health and wellbeing come to the fore
people will have to learn to live simpler lives

With so many people currently working from home, hopefully many will realise just how pointless their previous long commute was, and will continue to work from home as much as possible and/or consider new jobs closer to home.

So just possibly future Governments might be less likely to be pushing building new roads and instead building better local environments for people to live and work and ride their bikes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have this crazy idea / hope that it might make us in the usually fortunate countries a little more understanding of how it is elsewhere..

Scared of running low on food, or other essentials ??

That's a daily reality for many across the world.

Worried that if a family member gets sick, there won't be equipment or staff enough at your local hospital to treat them.??

See above.

Not really enjoying having draconian edicts from on high, and strict controls on your movement..
Welcome to Palestine (light) - your children won't actually get shot by the 'security' forces if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time .

Sudden overwhelming urge to flee with minimal possessions (in your luxury campervan) in the face of an (relatively minor) existential threat??

But at the same time why on earth don't these refugees, and asylum seekers stay in their own (truly terrifying) home countries, and tough it out there ??

We (in the west) expect to have our freedoms upheld, and enough to eat, decent healthcare, and not to be oppressed or controlled by hostile forces.

So why don't we see that others shiuld have those rights too??

Because right now we exploit other people and places, and dump the consequences elsewhere, to gain our own short term luxuries, and conveniences.

And don't really seem to care much about that at all.

Perhaps this is an awareness building exercise??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom