What will we be riding in 2112?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I imagine we'll be braking and gear shifting telepathically at the very least.
Not good for the absent-minded.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Couriers will start riding Hobby Horses and commuters will follow five years later, clogging up the streets with their wooden steeds and plus fours. The sound of bugles will be heard all over the square mile.

No. They are called stabilisers!

Like it! See, and there I was thinking of a system which uses weightless, near infinite power to rapidly spin the wheels of the bike, barring the actual tyres. I think that would create enough gyroscopic force to maintain the wheel vertically... Should have known a cheaper easier solution existed!

No. They are called stabilisers!

Like it! See, and there I was thinking of a system which uses weightless, near infinite power to rapidly spin the wheels of the bike, barring the actual tyres. I think that would create enough gyroscopic force to maintain the wheel vertically... Should have known a cheaper easier solution existed!

The main reason most bikes follow the dimond frame pattern is that the UCI effectively banned the use of recumbent's in 1934.
Without that ban there would be a lot more variation in bike design and a lot more bents on the road.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
The future is now! :-)

The main reason most bikes follow the dimond frame pattern is that the UCI effectively banned the use of recumbent's in 1934.
Without that ban there would be a lot more variation in bike design and a lot more bents on the road.

Nice point. Sign me up to the future getting bent!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
We shan't cycle at all.

We'll have pedal powered personal teleport systems.

Our great, great gradkids will laugh at the fact that we travelled in small metal boxes on dirty slippery roads and flew in pressurised tin cans thousands of feet in the air held up only by the action of low air pressure.

Of course they'll be laughing at us through 2 inches of plexiglass, if Groening is to be proved correct.

monkeylc

Über Member
htods.jpg

D

Deleted member 20519

Probably be weightless with fully automatic mind reading gearing.

Top Bottom