What winds you up about cyclists you may see when driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Cyclist smiling when riding in the rain and I am stuck in traffic. They are meant to be unhappy when it rains...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cyclists on motorway bridges, as seen from the motorway. I hate them. I shake my fist at them. Who do they think they are? :gun:
I assume that you have the good sense to leave the fist shaking until as late as possible, to reduce the chances of the overhead cyclist feeling the need to empty the contents of his/her mouth/nose over the side of the bridge at the opportune moment. xx(

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Both, who is at fault when they get hit off the twats

It equally winds me up, when I'm out on bike

No lights, when dark (ditto, reflectors)

Dark clothing - sometimes there may be a hi-viz vest..... usually covered with a rucksack

Riding on pavements, obviously they think that circumstances like this will not happen to them (or they hit some OAP stepping out of his/her gate)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...-and-run-cyclist-dragged-child-along-pavement

Riding through red-lights, zebra-crossings, as people walking over them

Weaving in & out of people in a pedestrianised area, & shouting at them to "F***in Move!!" (as sadly happens a lot, when I've not got a big stick that wants to make friends with their front wheel)

Gesticulating/swearing at anyone, who has the temerity to mention/challenge any of the above

Given where I work, like a few of the members on here (Paramedics/A&E staff/Police/'Trumpton'), I've seen far too many brought in, head-blocked on a spinal board

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Riding through red-lights, zebra-crossings, as people walking over them

Weaving in & out of people in a pedestrianised area, & shouting at them to "F***in Move!!" (as sadly happens a lot, when I've not got a big stick that wants to make friends with their front wheel)

They were only doing that as your car bonnet was inches off their back wheel at the time.

Top Bottom