What would you have done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Take the bike inside. :angel:

vickster

Legendary Member
If not far, I'd have gone home to get the lock. I have no issue locking my bike at a supermarket with a D lock. I don't use cables any more...after I had a bike stolen within 15 minutes outside a bike shop :rolleyes:

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_1017.JPG
Take the bike inside. :angel:
I would just walk to the supermarket and leave bike at home safe.
Could always be "an auld wifie" and get a trolley.
They even come with stair climber wheels and built in seats :ohmy:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I recently forgot my D lock and used a cable to lock my bike outside the supermarket. It's not a £1,000 bike though.

I always remove the front lights when I lock it up though, after having them nicked once.

Mrs M

Guru
I saw a woman do that in Lidl today. It had never occurred to me to try that. I didn't see anybody complaining, but the store was not very busy at the time. It probably wouldn't go down well when it is crowded.
I was in HMV a few weeks ago and there was a young guy in the shop with a large, muddy mountain bike.
Nobody batted an eyelid.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A filling station near me lets me take the bike in to get to their Costa Coffee machine, which is near the door.

The manager of a Sainsbury's Local outside Durham City was also accommodating, although that might have been because the bike stands had yet to be installed in the car park.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I have a choice of a small Co-op just 8 minutes walk from home, or a full blown 24-hour Tesco Extra a few minutes further in the opposite direction.
I've locked the hybrid outside the Co-op a couple of times (Sheffield stands directly outside the door, covered by CCTV, using a Sold Secure Gold D-lock through the frame / rear wheel and a cable lock to secure the front wheel), but honestly it's such a faff (also have to remove the lights, Garmin, pump, etc as well - and then put them all back on) that I normally just walk down after my ride.

Thinking about it, those Sheffield stands are more normally used to tie dogs to....^_^

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'd have gone home and got the D lock.
FWIW, Sainsburys is the only place I have been shouted at by a 'security' guard for wheeling my Brompton around. Nowhere else cares.

Top Bottom