What would you have done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I was walking back to the car in Wickham's village square carpark on Monday and as I walked past a van occupied by a fat chav girl who had just finished eating a pot noodle, she belched and threw the empty pot out of the window, not three feet from my foot.

I was thinking about something else at the time so I didn't realise what she'd done until I got back in the car and had the engine running and was in the middle of reversing out of the parking space with someone else waiting to jump into it, so I didn't have any choice but to carry on and leave.

I reflected that had I realised at the time, I would have picked it up, given it back to her and politely asked her if she wouldn't mind not throwing her litter all over the floor in an otherwise picture-postcard rural village centre.

My first thought was that she would have told me to "fack orf" and then given me a tirade of foul-mouthed abuse. Alternatively, she may have been so embarrassed that she may have apologised and meekly taken the pot back! I was smartly dressed at the time, having just returned from a business appointment, so she could have reacted either way.

What would you have done in that situation?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'd have asked her out for a date. She sounds like my kinda gal:tongue:

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Lol, she sounds classy :blush:

I imagine that if you had picked up the pot and handed it back to her, she would have likely thrown it back at you :/

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
AndyCarolan said:
Lol, she sounds classy :blush:

I imagine that if you had picked up the pot and handed it back to her, she would have likely thrown it back at you :/

Very ... bear in mind that this was 9am ... pot noodles make me shudder at the best of times ... but can you imagine pot noodle for breakfast? !!! xx(xx(xx(xx(:blush:

mark barker

As much as I'd like to say I'd have picked it up and confronted her, in reality I'd have just carried on walking. Doesn't really say much for me or my views of society in general I guess, but I've got involved in things in the past and its all gone horribly wrong!

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
XmisterIS said:
Very ... bear in mind that this was 9am ... pot noodles make me shudder at the best of times ... but can you imagine pot noodle for breakfast? !!! xx(xx(xx(xx(:o)

Maybe there is a breakfast noodle now? Bacon Bap, Pancake, Hash Brown and Coffee "flavour"? Just add hot water (complete with sachet of maple syrup) :tongue:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would of thrown it back into her car. I'm up for a bit of confrontation sometimes, as far as littering is concerned.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
9.00 pot noodle......think she's the sort of lass who would had told you to do one. Reminds me of a family in a new expensive Merc at Legoland, got back to car, and the women just emptied the junk out her 'car' onto the car park floor.....

Some folk are just oiks.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Was she eating it raw then or does she have a kettle in the van?

I usually tell people 'it's better if you use a bin for rubbish' or hand the rubbish back and say 'I think you accidentally dropped this' - Just make sure you have you running shoes on if it gets nasty.

PBancroft

In the past I have been confrontational. I am a strong believer that if you don't say anything, people don't learn. This kind of approach usually results in abuse, but maybe - just maybe - it plants a little seed of doubt into their mind that it isn't OK to behave like that.

I am tempted to amend my approach to something less antagonistic. I might instead have picked the container up and handed it back to her with a helpful "Sorry miss, I think you dropped this..."

NickM

Veteran
XmisterIS said:
What would you have done in that situation?
Ignored it. It is completely pointless to attempt to change the behaviour of selfish, infantile *****.

I suppose one could meekly pick up the rubbish and dispose of it properly, if one felt like spending one's life tidying up after scumbags.

Of course, if they threw their rubbish over your garden wall you would be quite justified in beating the crap out of them with whatever implement came to hand.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
NickM said:
I suppose one could meekly pick up the rubbish and dispose of it properly, if one felt like spending one's life tidying up after scumbags.

I pick up the odd bit of rubbish if I'm in the rec with the kids or of it's outside our house (usually Mr Freeze ice pop wrappers). I'm certainly not spending my life doing it and it does make the place look a bit better.

Beating the crap out of the offenders would be my preferred method but that gets frowned on these days - that's Dave's Britain for you! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I think the etiquette is to pick it up and approach her. Say "Did you not want that?", and when she replies "No", you say "Well, neither do we!" before tossing it back into the van.

Then you start running.... :biggrin:

Coco

goo_mason said:
I think the etiquette is to pick it up and approach her. Say "Did you not want that?", and when she replies "No", you say "Well, neither do we!" before tossing it back into the van.

Then you start running.... :biggrin:

I suspect if she's having Pot Noodle for breakfast, you won't have to run very far. :biggrin:

Top Bottom