What's everyone buying on payday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Seriously though, thanks for the idea. You can see how out of it I am in some ways technologically speaking...

Went to to a large chain store the other day which I won't name [Carphone Warehouse], where the way in which my questions were answered rapidly gave the impression that I am too stupid for a smart phone. I'm so glad the salesman gave me this impression, else I may have mistakenly given him money.

On a more cheerful note, do you have any recommendations for apps?
I like Strava, and AccuWeather . You probably have a different weather app in Britain .

anothersam

SMIDSMe
accuweatherapp.jpg

BBCweatherapp.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Love your start screen for AccuWeather. That's probably the best reason to have it. I did not cycle to our local volunteer fire department breakfast in a rural town about 10 miles away one morning, I thought something was up with the weather. It was. F4 tornado about 30 miles away, and 3"hail here, accompanied by 60+ mph winds and rain like a car wash. In that case, my phone actually called me to tell me this was going to happen, but, like so many things car-oriented, only about 15 minutes before it happened. Towns distant enough here, that would not have been enough warning for a cyclist. Talk about crosswinds, a downburst snapped 10 power poles in two different locations about a mile from me Common sense app saved the day.

MrDaveCee

Regular
Even though payday is next week, last night I bought
A pair of Schwalbe One Tyres
Fulcrum Racing 5's
Some Kool Stop brake pads (thanks to seeing them mentioned on here)
and a couple of Park Tool tools for changing the cassette over to my new wheels.
I just need to pay myself back in to my savings account on payday next week!!! :blush:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Perhaps some repair welding for a racing bicycle to be named later. New shifters for the Fuji Touring bike, and some front racks as well. All depends on the welding bill for filling a cracked dropout.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Do you race @MrPie ?

Asking obviously due to the "tubs".

I have been looking/drooling at Bora Ultra 50 clinchers & FFWD F6R FCC (full carbon clinchers).
Not seriously - some TT's and the odd crit....just don't have the engine if I'm honest. I got a juicy tax refund so bought a Colnago C60.....BU2 just seemed like the right thing to do

Top Bottom