What's going on with the cyclist in this image?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I didn't intend to derail your thread
No need to apologise, I'm not precious about this thread. Anyway, I've got the answer to my question, she is Iron(wo)man.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Permission to make massively sexist Iron Woman joke?
Whatever turns you on....,
Margaret-Thatcher-008.jpg

It's a bus stop. It ends just in front of the cyclist. The photographer is standing on the pavement. The cyclist is about to have to merge right and tango with the Audi, which has been waiting for this moment :smile:
OK. It's a long bus stop but I'd probably stay out of it on the grounds of having to merge again unless she's just avoiding that massive metal grid thing but that light means she's probably a Cyberman so the Audi better watch out.

martint235

Dog on a bike
No light on the front of the bike either.
OK. It's a long bus stop but I'd probably stay out of it on the grounds of having to merge again unless she's just avoiding that massive metal grid thing but that light means she's probably a Cyberman so the Audi better watch out.
This is what I first thought. Plus if the traffic is at a standstill, may as well use the extra space afforded by the bus stop.

Origamist

Legendary Member
No, nothing in the foreground is lit by a flash, to that's not it.

Perhaps not by the photographer taking the shot, but I suspect there were a few people with camera phones and the like snapping the Xmas lights on Oxford St.out of shot?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Perhaps not by the photographer taking the shot, but I suspect there were a few people with camera phones and the like snapping the Xmas lights on Oxford St.out of shot?

With a slow flash speed of 1/250 of a second it would be highly unlikely to time it that well. Plus if it were the flash from another device, then her face/body would be lit up.

Top Bottom