Whats going on with white van drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbling

Regular
Since the lock down and the obvious reduction in road traffic is it just me or have white van drivers become reasonable.
I'm finding it unnerving I'm used to being cut up beeped at for no reason shouted at etc and in the past two weeks this has stopped completely.
In fact common courtesy has been extentended to the extent of stopping and waving me through .
It cant be just me

Dave 123

Legendary Member
There seems to be a reduced amount of dildos at present.....

vickster

Legendary Member
They’re less fecked off by traffic as there’s less of it...and they’re not all running late as there’s less traffic.
They’ve all been furloughed so they’re not dashing around in their vans working trying to get somewhere on time despite leaving wherever 30 minutes late?
There are fewer WVM around pissing off other WVM who then take it out on cyclists?
The sun is shining?
ummm...

Some years ago I hired a white Transit van to move my daughter's stuff from one flat in Tooting to another in Crouch End. I had driven across London loads of times in my car, but was amazed by the amount of room people gave me in the white van. I did think of buying one after that.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Some years ago I hired a white Transit van to move my daughter's stuff from one flat in Tooting to another in Crouch End. I had driven across London loads of times in my car, but was amazed by the amount of room people gave me in the white van. I did think of buying one after that.
It probably had a Millwall football club sticker on the back...…."Nobody likes us.....we don't care".

sleuthey

Legendary Member
They’re less fecked off by traffic as there’s less of it...and they’re not all running late as there’s less traffic.
They’ve all been furloughed so they’re not dashing around in their vans working trying to get somewhere on time despite leaving wherever 30 minutes late?
There are fewer WVM around pissing off other WVM who then take it out on cyclists?
The sun is shining?
ummm...

^ what she said

vickster

Legendary Member
They must be enjoying an almost 100% delivery rate, with so little traffic and everybody at home so I bet they are a lot less stressed than usual.
Not all white vans are driven by delivery drivers :scratch:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to do summer jobs for a plant hire company in Newcastle upon Tyne, mostly delivering small equipment to building sites including the Tyneside Metro. The vehicles were MK1 Transits and I was completely untrained so I had a few near-misses while towing trailers and with stuff unsecured in the van. On top of that I was 18 and reckless so I drove the van like a nutter; it wasn't mine so I didn't care how much I abused it and I treated the roads like my own race track. I'm still amazed that I didn't have any accidents in those Transits or the 3 tonners with air brakes that I drove equally recklessly in my next job.

Maybe that admission helps people understand why WVM has such a bad reputation.

Top Bottom