Whats going on with white van drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Online companies are not doing business right now so there isn't as much work for the delivery drivers so they can take their time.

And as there is less traffic they don't have to drive like madmen to get from 1 place to another.

Plus less traffic means they would stickout like a sore thumb especially where police are concerned so they have to drive sort of reasonably, well as reasonably as WVM can.
Most of the shops closed on the high st are still trading online though? Whether they are selling as much is a different Q

vickster

Legendary Member
Would anyone in normal times notice a white van being driven considerately as I am sure many are.
Maybe very rarely...I'm always gobsmacked when one gives way for example!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Most of the shops closed on the high st are still trading online though? Whether they are selling as much is a different Q

I had an email from next saying they were shutting their online selling. Had a few other emails as well saying the same thing.

vickster

Legendary Member
It says it on their website.
Well yes, but that might have only gone on in the last day or two ;)

RobinS

Veteran
There are lots of delivery vans still on the road - they have pre-planned routing and timings for deliveries. With bog-all other traffic those timings are now generous (rather than needing speeding and jumping lights to keep to schedule), so with no time pressures drivers are more chilled and courteous. It is much easier to be nice if you are not in a hurry.

DRM

Guru
There are lots of delivery vans still on the road - they have pre-planned routing and timings for deliveries. With bog-all other traffic those timings are now generous (rather than needing speeding and jumping lights to keep to schedule), so with no time pressures drivers are more chilled and courteous. It is much easier to be nice if you are not in a hurry.
Yet some delivery companies have furloughed some of the drivers, with the remainder picking up the slack, with even more ridiculous routes, that would be impossible in a Ferrari, never mind a 7.5 tonne truck

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Would anyone in normal times notice a white van being driven considerately as I am sure many are.
I drove my company's white vans around London for decades. I used to have a game which involved being particularly considerate towards Bentley drivers....letting then out from side turnings etc. I gave myself a point if they self-consciously gave me a blokeish thumbs up.

Top Bottom