Whats going on with white van drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
And the aggressive nobbers in pick ups around here!
Yes, they also seem to think the rules of the road don’t apply to them

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I'm a little confused.

Are we talking about white man who drives a van, or a man who drives a white van or a white man who drives a white van.

Edit: sorry just being facetious. Taking a break from my laptop screen.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I used to do summer jobs for a plant hire company in Newcastle upon Tyne, mostly delivering small equipment to building sites including the Tyneside Metro. The vehicles were MK1 Transits and I was completely untrained so I had a few near-misses while towing trailers and with stuff unsecured in the van. On top of that I was 18 and reckless so I drove the van like a nutter; it wasn't mine so I didn't care how much I abused it and I treated the roads like my own race track. I'm still amazed that I didn't have any accidents in those Transits or the 3 tonners with air brakes that I drove equally recklessly in my next job.

Maybe that admission helps people understand why WVM has such a bad reputation.
I applaud your honesty ;)

All uphill

Still rolling along
It seems to me that most people are pleasant, kind and considerate when they are feeling ok and not under pressure, whether internally generated (I have to be faster than them) or external (noisy neighbours, etc,).

It would be great if we could preserve some of the current civility, without the illness and loss, of course.

I like the point about people doing vital jobs finally getting some recognition, too.

Jody

Stubborn git
It's very noticeable how amicable people are being. I had a flat bed truck follow me for about 15-20 seconds last night even though he could have easily gone around. I stuck my thumb up and he stuck his arm out the window and waved whilst flashing the hazards. The car behind waited the same, so I stuck my thumb up. Both passenger and driver stuck their arm out of the window and waved. Almost everyone passed me on the opposite side of the road.

Then there are those that see lower traffic levels as the roads are effectively a race track. Had a couple go past me doing at least double the speed limit in built up areas.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Online companies are not doing business right now so there isn't as much work for the delivery drivers so they can take their time.

And as there is less traffic they don't have to drive like madmen to get from 1 place to another.

Plus less traffic means they would stickout like a sore thumb especially where police are concerned so they have to drive sort of reasonably, well as reasonably as WVM can.

Top Bottom