Whats going on with white van drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I wonder what the white van man forum says about cyclist.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
There are lots of delivery vans still on the road - they have pre-planned routing and timings for deliveries. With bog-all other traffic those timings are now generous (rather than needing speeding and jumping lights to keep to schedule), so with no time pressures drivers are more chilled and courteous. It is much easier to be nice if you are not in a hurry.
Very true. A couple of recent deliveries I have received, the driver has had to wait, until “the computer” said he could deliver.

D

Deleted member 26715

They’re also fitted with tracking devices, as is mine, it’s not WVM that’s the problem, it’s cretins in cars from Germany who now believe that the MWay speed limit has increased to 90 mph upwards
My impression is that the 30mph limit has been lifted, I'm regularly seeing cars over 40mph going through the village
I wonder what the white van man forum says about cyclist.
They fecking hate us, along with most car & motorcycle forums

screenman

Legendary Member
My impression is that the 30mph limit has been lifted, I'm regularly seeing cars over 40mph going through the village
They fecking hate us, along with most car & motorcycle forums

Do even the white van people who ride bikes hate us, good and bad in every shape and form. You would think my 85 year old Mazda driving brother would be a slow steady driver, you would be wrong, it is certainly not unsual for him to hit 60 in a 30 and a ton on the 60. Some of the worst most aggresive drivers I have ever had the misfortune to travel with have been cyclists.

Sadly, some of the worst car drivers have bike racks on the roof!!

Top Bottom