Whats the fastest you have cycled ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by geo, 16 Aug 2012.

1. geo

geo Well-Known Member

I reached 78 k.p.h (48 mph) today .To be honest I was on a loaned bike and with not knowing the bike I bottled it and slowed down, the bloke I was with cleared 86 kph. Just wondered what everyones fastest is ?

Drago likes this.
  2. jdtate101

jdtate101 Ex-Fatman

Fastest I have got on the bike was 55mph downhill off the back of the Rhigos (south road, the straight bit) earlier this year. Serious brown trouser time as it was a bit windy too :eek:.

3. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

16mph i'm a speed demon:laugh:

geo likes this.
  4. stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke Senior Member

mines around 50mph

5. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

54 mph and got overtaken at the same time by Geoff Platts.

6. 50 odd mph, and frankly it's too fast enough in good conditions, and waaaaaay too fast in most conditions, for the average Joe at least IMO.

Even on a descent these days I control things too aound 40mph max.

Guess I'm getting old :whistle:

NotthatJasonKenny likes this.
  7. Drago

Drago Guru

The fastest I've ever recorded myself was 38 on an MTB.

8. OP
    OP
    geo

geo Well-Known Member

Thats what led to the Q in the first place, I know I was on a borrowed bike but I was thinking as I was descending "if I come off now !!!! " it really did seem to fast

9. FTFY :thumbsup:

10. NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

46 for me according to the computer.

When I had a 125cc motorbike and wore full leathers some people would scoff and I'd say, the Tarmac doesn't know I'm on a 125 (I did graduate to a zx6r then a 748 then a Harley) so it does make you think that we are going 40/50 in Lycra!

11. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

45.4 on the road from Hawes to Leyburn last year.
    Had original cheap wheels on so a bit hairy as I felt them flex when cornering.
    Racing 7's fixed that.

12. Octet

Octet Über Member

30 MPH has been my top speed according to the cycling computer (not sure if I trust it). My average is increasing though, so that speed should soon go up as well :thumbsup:

13. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Moderator

Yet another top speed thread comes along and I don't want to be left out, so:

41.7 mph down Cothercott Hill, Shropshire. (Sits back and hopes the link works this time.)

14. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

15. Paul_L

Paul_L Über Member

50.2mph on the descent by Barden reservoir, just north of Skipton. Have done it a few times always clocking high 40s. One night last year gave it a bit of extra power at the top and let gravity do the rest. Absolutely cacked meself, but pleased i clocked the 50, then vowed never to ride that fast again as, as smokey says, they ain't gonna much left if all goes Pete Tong at those speeds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice