Whats the fastest you have cycled ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geo

I reached 78 k.p.h (48 mph) today .To be honest I was on a loaned bike and with not knowing the bike I bottled it and slowed down, the bloke I was with cleared 86 kph. Just wondered what everyones fastest is ?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Fastest I have got on the bike was 55mph downhill off the back of the Rhigos (south road, the straight bit) earlier this year. Serious brown trouser time as it was a bit windy too :eek:.

OP
OP
G

geo

50 odd mph, and frankly it's too fast enough in good conditions, and waaaaaay too fast in most conditions, for the average Joe at least IMO.

Even on a descent these days I control things too aound 40mph max.

Guess I'm getting old :whistle:

Thats what led to the Q in the first place, I know I was on a borrowed bike but I was thinking as I was descending "if I come off now !!!! " it really did seem to fast

Thats what led to the Q in the first place, I know I was on a borrowed bike but I was thinking as I was descending "if I come off now, THERE'LL BE NOWT LEFT TO PICK UP !!!! " it really did seem to fast
FTFY :thumbsup:

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
46 for me according to the computer.

When I had a 125cc motorbike and wore full leathers some people would scoff and I'd say, the Tarmac doesn't know I'm on a 125 (I did graduate to a zx6r then a 748 then a Harley) so it does make you think that we are going 40/50 in Lycra!

Octet

Veteran
30 MPH has been my top speed according to the cycling computer (not sure if I trust it). My average is increasing though, so that speed should soon go up as well :thumbsup:

Paul_L

Über Member
50.2mph on the descent by Barden reservoir, just north of Skipton. Have done it a few times always clocking high 40s. One night last year gave it a bit of extra power at the top and let gravity do the rest. Absolutely cacked meself, but pleased i clocked the 50, then vowed never to ride that fast again as, as smokey says, they ain't gonna much left if all goes Pete Tong at those speeds.

Top Bottom