Whats the fastest you have cycled ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgtjiggy

I hit 35 MPH with a nice tail wind on my new Giant Rapid the other day. Was only able to maintain that speed + or - a mph or two for 1/2 mile.

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Was that coming from Treherbet? I often max out on my mountain bike on that strait but I will try it on my road bike one day. The fastest I have on that was about 44mph near pontardawe. Would have gone even faster were it not for the van I was slip streaming blocking my way.

No that was coming off the peak southbound towards Treherbert.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
My better half once did 74mph on the flat to the nearest pub on her first test ride of her new Trice.
computer malfunction but the barman was impressed.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
48 mph, years ago, head down, arse up down Gorcott Hill (A435) near Redditch on a Cinelli. I remember wondering what one might do to stop such a projectile.
I've recently seen a desperate and rather ungentlemanly 31.8 on the Pash. Nearly blew my hat off.

sgtjiggy

Ok Ladies and Gents I have to post this screen shot. Only because if I ever go this fast on a bicycle I want someone to order a psychological eval on me!

Some how the GPS and speed sensor doubled my actual speed. Fun for bragging though!

44bde025-fd8a-fd38.jpg

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Matt1705

Über Member
48 mph, years ago, head down, arse up down Gorcott Hill (A435) near Redditch on a Cinelli. I remember wondering what one might do to stop such a projectile.
I've recently seen a desperate and rather ungentlemanly 31.8 on the Pash. Nearly blew my hat off.

Ooh I know that hill, nice and straight and fairly long. Nice :-)

Sandra6

Veteran
I can't even imagine how terrified I'd be hurtling down a hill at over 40mph. I got edgy about what's at the bottom if I top 25!
My fastest according to the bike comp was 29mph, I mustn't have been looking at it or I'd have pulled the brakes.

insouciant

Über Member
The fastest I've fallen down a steep road whilst on a bike is 50mph.

Felt like a lot more on such a road...bumpy, surrounded by trees and taking corners, etc.

Top Bottom