What's the greatest distance you have cycled in 1 day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
In recent memory this one stands out at 140 miles, but it was a hilly one, took in the Hirnant Pass for those of you who might know it.
I was running on empty on the way back and called into Eureka Cafe for a fry up :laugh: The arrow markers are wind directions, you can see I got no tailwind on the way out (0 mph wind), but a headwind on the way home, just typical.

Ooh, that looks like a nice route, might have to yoink it :whistle:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Wouldn't it have been great if you'd gone from Redhill to Yellowstone to Greendale to Browney to Blue Town to Pinkney to Blackburn. Although to do it properly you'd have to have travelled between Redhill and Blackburn 15 times and then keep returning to Redhill before each of the other towns, would have taken farking weeks.
Iv'e only just caught on what you are on about. It must be the heat slowing me down.:heat:

Old jon

Guru
I ain't apologising, but I was only 16 . . .

240 in 24 crop.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
120 miles Llandudno to Glossop.

This was the day after 101 miles Manchester to Llandudno and about 8 pints that evening...so it was a bit of a struggle

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
200 miles ,over 20 years ago when I was a mile muncher . It was from my then home near Watford to Spalding Lincolnshire and return So mostly flat with a lumpy start and finish. I do remember when I told a club mate a keen audax rider about this ride. His reaction was total bewilderment and a cry of why. Which puzzled me , I then realised his view was if it wasn't an organised event with some kind of official recognition at the end ,it didn't count and wasn't worth doing.

Top Bottom