What's the point of ignore lists?

Should we get rid of the ignore list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Patrick Stevens said:
I'm running this test to see if I'm on theclaud's list. Don't tell her, but I've arranged for her to be kidnapped tonight and sold off into slavery.

What test's that then? Don't get excited - you're on it, but so is Redders and a fair few others. My homepage now looks like Passchendaele with all the little +s. I hope none of them hate me. I think I'm compensating for the loneliness of being the last one at work...

Anyway, I'd better be vigilant on the way home :wacko:.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Smeggers said:
I sometimes find the repetition of SImonCC amusing. Its like reading an English comprehension exam. Is he really autistic or am I not allowed to say that?

I did for the first few months. By the second year, it became a bit trying...:wacko:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Abitrary said:
Simon can be a bit dogmatic sometimes, but these hateful admissions about ignore lists amount to nothing short of cyber-bullying.

So we're not allowed to find his constant barrage of deliberately ignorant selfishness offensive and wearying?

People sometimes find me pretentious, pompous and boring. I know because they tell me openly on the forum. I live with it, as we all have to live by the words we produce here.

He doesn't need you to defend him.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Abitrary said:

Please try to make a proper argument rather than just posting links to sites for teenagers, or I can't take you seriously. We are adults here.

And, BTW, the one person who will totally reject the modern fashion for terms like cyber-bullying, and people being offended on someone else's behalf is simoncc. You don't know his online persona very well if you think you are doing him a favour.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
Please try to make a proper argument rather than just posting links to sites for teenagers, or I can't take you seriously. We are adults here.

And, BTW, the one person who will totally reject the modern fashion for terms like cyber-bullying, and people being offended on someone else's behalf is simoncc. You don't know his online persona very well if you think you are doing him a favour.

Why do cyberbullies do it?

There’s no simple answer for why some people choose to cause pain to others by bullying them. There are lots of possible reasons, but here are some common ones:
  • it can be simply a case of someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time and allowing themselves to be easily intimidated
  • some people who cyberbully think that they won’t get caught if they do it on a mobile phone or on the internet
  • the people who cyberbully are jealous, angry or want to have revenge on someone, often for no reason at all
  • cyberbullies often think that getting their group of friends to laugh at someone makes them look cool or more popular
  • some people also bully others as a form of entertainment or because they are bored and have too much time on their hands
  • many do it for laughs or just to get a reaction

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Ok, so you have no argument of your own. I guess you will have to carry on talking to yourself now... :ohmy:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
He didn't seem to have a problem suggesting that I and everyone else in the public sector is a complete waste of space and money. I don't mind people pointing out that there are some who exploit the system, but that the whole bunch of us need a pay cut... well sorry I don't need my job that much, but there would be plenty of people who would loose out if I wasn't there.

(Edit: that makes me sound more important than I am... but as our department is short staffed it would have an impact if I left).

Abitrary

summerdays said:
He didn't seem to have a problem suggesting that I and everyone else in the public sector is a complete waste of space and money. I don't mind people pointing out that there are some who exploit the system, but that the whole bunch of us need a pay cut... well sorry I don't need my job that much, but there would be plenty of people who would loose out if I wasn't there.

(Edit: that makes me sound more important than I am... but as our department is short staffed it would have an impact if I left).

Simoncc is in a way like dissident soviet poet Alexander Solzhenitsin, in the way he criticised the state and had to be sent to people's ignore lists for penance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom