What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Private Eye, the replacement chainring from Spa Cycles & this month's credit card bill (£168.58)

I never realised that such a thing existed, but yesterday I received a good letter from HM Revenue & Customs, agreeing that I no longer have to complete a self assessment tax return as I have stopped receiving any child allowance. :dance:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well, not today, but in the last week...

Thread lock
Rear light bracket
Three pumps
Three sets of tyre levers
Work stand
Two bike computers
Bar tape
Brake cable
Gear cable
Cable stop
Pedals
Multitool
Sunday In hell DVD.

Oh, and a partridge in pear tree.

[Highlights: stand from Rose, very good, solid kit but comes in 80 parts, so PITA to assemble; topeak multi tool includes gizmo to split a quicklink, which I'd not come across before]

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been shopping a bit too..

Two jerseys (I had to send one back as just too tight :blush:)
2 more pairs of Assos shorts (reduced, but they each came in a fancy box! ), needed as some of my existing pairs have started to go a bit errr thin :blush:
a cassette
2 bottle cages
a rear mech
a saddle
flat pedals

I'm waiting on the original stem from the new to me bike
and some orange Fizik bartape for said bike :wub:

A couple of tyres have already gone back as I sold the bike they were going on :laugh:

It's like Christmas :snowball:

A 1m length of 22.2mm OD aluminium tube

A non series hydraulic disc brake and lever for my on one inbred MTB, loads better stopping force and i've gone left front hydro and right rear mechanical, i have to say after riding a few road bikes with left front i think i prefer it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A wetsuit and some aqua shoes. I've always wanted a wetsuit but never bought one. One of the things I hate about the beach is being hairy; putting on all that sun cream you end up with creamy hair with sand stuck to it. A wetsuit will cover a lot of it up, and I won't have to do all the screaming when entering the somewhat cool waters of england, when it gets to waist height

vickster

Legendary Member
A wetsuit and some aqua shoes. I've always wanted a wetsuit but never bought one. One of the things I hate about the beach is being hairy; putting on all that sun cream you end up with creamy hair with sand stuck to it. A wetsuit will cover a lot of it up, and I won't have to do all the screaming when entering the somewhat cool waters of england, when it gets to waist height
A big tub of wax would have been cheaper :ph34r:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A big tub of wax would have been cheaper :ph34r:
Yes that's true. But I also enjoy swimming and being warm, I forgot to add that is the main reason for the wetsuit! And secondly, having your back waxed when you've previously never had it done is agony. I had it done 2 years ago to see what it was like, and it was like being pressure washed with acid

Top Bottom