What's the strangest thing you've had thrown at you from a passing car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Nothing from a car. A couple of snowballs and stones from kids over the years.

I used to have a smart lunar 25 light on my helmet. I heard one kid shout out to another with a can of drink about to be launched at me, 'not him, he's got a camera on there'

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing physical. Bird in a bimmer once shouted "nice arse" at me as she overtook.

Had stones, an egg and s bottle of drink chucked at me.

All when in my convertible. Never had anything chucked at me when on the bike.

gbb

Legendary Member
Only ever had an empty coke bottle skitter past me as a car full of scrotes went past. May not even have been aimed at me...who knows ?
Not bad in circa 40 years of cycling.

bianchi1

Guru
A turnip.

Not from a car thankfully, but from the side of the road, thrown by a small child. Luckily it was like a shot put to him and only got half way to me.

He had a pile next to him so I guess I was not singled out and he was throwing them at all passing vehicles.

Kids!!!

Gixxerman

Guru
When I was out on my motorbike many years back, I had someone empty a kiddies potty out the back window.
Luckily (?) it only contained liquids and no solids / semi-solids and most of it missed me. Even so, I was obviously not very chuffed and expresed my disapproval to the occupants as I came alongside them and I was greeted with a 2 finger salute from the (supposed) guilty party. I did think about trying to force them to stop somehow and "have words", but the driver looked to be a bit of a greb, so I thought better of it and passed them and left. I did think about reporting it, but decided that it would probaly be a waste of time and I didn't bother (my word against theirs and all that).

Top Bottom