What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Brilliant, even less mpg. They would be better barricading the most expensive local filling station and advising motorists where to go instead.

"There is never a good time to be a revolutionary"

D

Deleted member 26715

I've not used it but posts I've seen on a motoring forum suggest that it's rather more abrupt with speeding up and slowing down than a gentle right foot. Plus you can't use it and the B mode - stronger recuperative braking - at the same time.

That to me seems just bad programming by the engineers, they 'should' be able to write it so it learns how to get the best fuel economy

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My workplace has up to 30 of those pesky e-scooters outside. I'm surprised no one has been injured when the shifts turn over at 06:00 14:00 & 22:00.
Blasted things are flying around the car park like Tie Fighters!

I make sure I don't clock off at 22:00!

i nearly got buzzed by one coming out of my place last night, we did have a company brief recently stating the legality of them but looks like some must have bought them and think they cant not use it .Luckily it was heading the opposite way as it would have just held me up along the cycle path

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It's taken me a while to get the MPG up in my hybrid Honda Jazz. Yesterday's 240-odd miles averaged around 74mpg. B Mode all the time, thus saving on the braking, gentle acceleration, ignore the cruise control. But I'm also quite comfortable rolling along at truck speed.

i drove one of our company corolla hybrids , it was showing about 56 mpg which i was pretty shocked by how low it was

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
i nearly got buzzed by one coming out of my place last night, we did have a company brief recently stating the legality of them but looks like some must have bought them and think they cant not use it .Luckilyly it was heading the opposite way as it would have just held me up along the cycle path

They're a pain in the butt tbh!
The one's at my work, and locally, are These things rather than illegal to use on public thoroughfares bought Scooters.

simongt

Guru
Interesting that in the various posts ref. fuel consumption, no-one appears to quote miles-per-litre which is the unit that we've all been buying fuel for over twenty years. But the auto manufacturers also still insist on quoting either mpg or litres-per-100km., neither of which are relevant as we no longer buy fuel in gallons and don't ( yet ) drive distance in kilometres. Using very simple mental arithmetic, I know my Hyundai 1.20 does around 10 - 12 miles per litre. :okay:
Isn't it about time folk shrugged off the 'Imperial mindset' - ? :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Interesting that in the various posts ref. fuel consumption, no-one appears to quote miles-per-litre which is the unit that we've all been buying fuel for over twenty years. But the auto manufacturers also still insist on quoting either mpg or litres-per-100km., neither of which are relevant as we no longer buy fuel in gallons and don't ( yet ) drive distance in kilometres. Using very simple mental arithmetic, I know my Hyundai 1.20 does around 10 - 12 miles per litre. :okay:

My 10 year old car (UK spec) shows me mpg consumption, and I drive miles as shown on the odometer and not KMs. So no I’ll stick with MPG

Mike_P

Guru
If a garage did quote the price in gallons would anybody realise 909.1 was less than £2 a litre and 909.3 more; although I suppose the squealing would have broken out at £9

classic33

Leg End Member
How many kilometres to the litre though?
If you want rid of imperial mindsets.

But you can buy a lot of £2 per litre diesel for the £30-60K that it cost you to buy the EV in the first place, I think you're comparing apples & pears, not everybody can go out & buy an EV let alone have somewhere to charge it at home.

Second hand EV two years old. 17k.
Mate paid more for a two year old Mini.

Why is it that EVs always get priced up and nobody uses a Range Rover as the standard price of ICE vehicles ?

Top Bottom