What's wrong with your bike right now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
and the right shoe is missing a cleat bolt

I never get round to things, it being a commuter, I have a new tyre and rear brake ready to fit, just haven't got to it yet

LBS fitting new running gear on Friday, that is a show stopper as the chain and the big ring hate each other,

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bar tape is dirty...oh and my shoes creak but that's not really the bikes fault....just cheap shoes.

biking_fox

Guru
Popped a rear spoke.
And the rim is excessively ("I wouldn't ride that again if I were you") worn.
Brake hoods completely shredded, can't be replaced as no-ones' got the right hoods any more.

Oh well I have another bike. I'll ride that while the shop fixes it.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
More bar tape woes. Recently one corner of the black tape sticking one side down came up by a millimetre or so. There was just enough adhesive left to rub off on my fingertips, which is just a horrible feeling; certainly it knocks the OP's catalog of woe into perspective. Spent much of the ride having to reposition my hands (I often grip the bars near the centre, when I deign to grip them at all). This of course put me off my stride. As soon as I got home I rectified the situation, and once again, all is well.
the chain and the big ring hate each other
Relate do bikes.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
running gear replaced!

(with campag looky likey)

my lord what a change, tearing around like a loon again without worrying about the chain

Last edited:
Brake's a bit soft, popped in Freeman's and he put his sandwich down and said I could bring it in tomorrow and he'll do it so I don't lose the bike overnight so I said I'd bring him half a dozen rosemary cuttings for his daughter, black economy FTW!

Leodis

Veteran
Rear Campagnolo spoke gone, been waiting 6 weeks for the repair. The commuter is awaiting sending back to Rose for a knackered rear hub which sounds like a grinder but silent in the rain, need one to be fixed before I can get the other one fixed... 6 weeks for Evans to locate a Zonda spoke is pissing me off, I complained today and the guy bought one himself from Amazon lol cracking chap.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just ridden my commute bike for the first time since winter. Oh dear. Runs well enough but really needs completely taking apart and putting together again. Spare time is nil so it'll have to wait.

fallen_tree_bike_comp.jpg

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
new rear tyre fitted, new rear brake fitted, new tube in rear

Last edited:

al78

Guru
Someone drove into the back of me when I was cycling to work and wrecked the rear wheel. I'm still in hospital recovering.

Top Bottom