What's wrong with your bike right now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hmpf. Bike now New gear. New brakes. I'm sub 14st forth first time since my teens. Great ride in today, controlled power to not sweat, easing off freewheeling into finsbury park and a delivery truck turned right into the garage right in front, anchors on, over the bars and under the truck. Nasty gash over the eye for four stitches, spannered right shoulder and neck and some bumps and scrapes and very happy that'd all it is. Copper insisted it was just an accident despite.my very angry argument . Bike is ok. Day off tomorrow for sure
View attachment 94395

Oucherama - no way you could have avoided that. I hope you have got witnesses ? I don't think his insurers will get away with saying it was just an accident.. GWS !

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I probably will change out my basic Shimano rear derailleur.

RJG

Regular
Nothing wrong with mine.Always keep them well maintained.Did have bottom bracket trouble recently but hopefully it's fixed now.

A repetitive clunking noise? The BB is an unseen bleeder and when it goes, it sounds like you're on a chav bike.

Lonestar

Veteran
A repetitive clunking noise? The BB is an unseen bleeder and when it goes, it sounds like you're on a chav bike.

Is a charge Plug 2013 a chav bike then?

Also what does it really matter what bike people ride.I often look at some and think can I beat them.Some bloke today had a hybrid and he was firking fast but some of the MTB's I can beat.

Anyway,wrong diagnosis doctor,bottom bracket came loose twice after 1500 miles.Now fitted new one and no probs so far.

Last edited:

RJG

Regular

Is a charge Plug 2013 a chav bike then?

Also what does it really matter what bike people ride.I often look at some and think can I beat them.Some bloke today had a hybrid and he was firking fast but some of the MTB's I can beat.

To clear up - when a botton bracket goes, it clicks repeatedly and makes your bike (a bike, his bike, her bike, anyones bike) sound like an ill-treated bike...hence the chav ref. I'm sure your Plug 2013 is gorgeous ;)

Lonestar

Veteran
To clear up - when a botton bracket goes, it clicks repeatedly and makes your bike (a bike, his bike, her bike, anyones bike) sound like an ill-treated bike...hence the chav ref. I'm sure your Charge Plug 2013 is gorgeous ;)

I can report that there was no clunk.Probably just needed something to seal it on thread better.Not fully sure the problem has gone yet but last time I "fixed" it the problem came back after two commutes.Not sure how long a fixie BB lasts.:hello:

Last edited:

Bianchi boy

Über Member
My chain needs cleaning and re-lubing (is that a word.??) Still could be worse Steve Abrahams is technically going through two chains a month in his quest to set a new world milage record :eek:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The thing that is wrong with my bike right now...is that she isnt here. Whilst I type this in Kent, she is hanging from a meat hook in Brussells midi, awaiting my arrival tomorrow for a trip down to Paris!

One Sleep!!!

cd365

Guru
Had a noisy crank, so stripped it all down last night. re-greased and re-indexed my gears. It is now really quiet. Unless I'm out of my saddle going uphill, then I'm getting a clicking sound!
Oh and my headset won't tighten fully. Ordered some new spacers to see if that will help
Put the spacers in now, makes a difference especially when breaking

Mr Foldy

What a guilt inducing thread! I read the headline yesterday. Before opening it today I have already tightened up my front and rear brakes, lubed all my quick release components (its a folder) and thoroughly cleaned up the drive train. I tuned the derailleur and gave the whole bike a spruce up. So now I feel safe to read the thread and risk announcing that I think my bike is kind of ok. Mind you, I need to get that BB serviced............

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Rubber bands holding back of rear mudguard on. Hole in seat, Knackered engine. Rough wheel bearings, Other than that all hunky dory^_^

Top Bottom