What's wrong with your bike right now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Rear caliper is beginning to snag, won't relax after braking and no amout of stripping and lubing seems to help (that just sounds wrong!).

Whilst it's "fine" it annoys me that something on the bike is not functioning right.

It'll have to go!

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
the current one is now written off, LBS were shocked that I'd been riding it, forks damaged, handlebars damaged, frame damaged.

on the train/boris bikes now, with a quote to submit to the cycle for work scheme, torn between £1250 for a Genesis Equilibrium 20 or an Equilibrium 2015 10 disc for £999, I do fancy disc brakes, i do a lot of braking and wearing out rims and the work scheme only goes up to £1,000. And even the 'entry level' frame on the 10 has to be plenty good enough for me for commuting I think

postman

Legendary Member
Nothing it's the owner.Fair weather cyclist,well this year he has been.Mind you he does slap a load of GT85 all over me.So i can't complain.I always look nice.

My three bikes:
  • GT Agressor XC3
  • Dawes Discovery 301 and
  • Genesis Croix De Fer
They are all sulking under their duvet covers as they are up for sale for:
  • A new bike for my wife
  • Money towards 2016 holiday and
  • upgrading the Genesis to another cx bike with better gearing and more relaxed geometry.
There are no issues with them at all so feel rather smug as it is a rarity. Just wish the weather would brighten up so my newest edition to the stable a Cannondale trail 7 can be ridden.

si_c

Guru
Slight creak when I'm putting any power through the cranks. Checked the BB, no play, checked the cranks, bolts are all tight. Pedals are tightened. Don't have a proper crank tool though so gonna grab one tomorrow and check the cranks are tight enough.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Threadbare cloth bartape, kink in front rim, very worn chainring, nose of saddle broken off (got some Sugru for that), rusty SPDs.

Well, I've had the front wheel rebuilt, ordered some bar tape and a chainring (the current one could be used to saw through planks, against the grain).

SPDs will have to stay rusty.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The rear gear cable has a big nick in it where I managed to wrap it round a jockey wheel yesterday. Lord knows how. Today, I broke the end off a valve stem as I took off my track pump. The bikes pretty dirty too. Please don't tell @ianrauk.

Mike!

Guru
My Boardman hybrid has a knackered headset so is off the road until closer to winter when I will want to use it and sort out the repair

Merida carbon bike is perfect as is the Genesis Equilibrium but that should be - I only finished building it 2 days ago!

Top Bottom