What's wrong with your bike right now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Karlt

Commute bike - broken handlebars. Replacement on order.
Good bike - won't release onto inner ring; appears to be issue with shifter. Under warranty.

sbeqs

There's a rattle and a very quiet scrape.
No obvious cause.
Sometimes I think I'm imagining it.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
[QUOTE 3829779, member: 259"]£45 - for a piece of plastic! You can't buy it separately, so I have to replace the whole thing :sad:
16908.jpg
[/QUOTE]
It does have a handy clock so at least he won't be late for tea!

mustang1

Guru
Quick Links..?
I used to carry get-me-home stuff, but not any more.

I was stopped at lights with the gear shifter moved across the cog, bit not yet shifted. When the lights went green I thought I would gently accelerate but the driver behind me decided he wants to get a move on. So as I accelerated harder something happened with the gears and/or chain.

Things felt funny after that so I rode home slowly. At another set of lights I was in too high a great and accelerated slightly up hill; then the chain snapped.

Sandra6

Veteran
When I first read this post I thought " there shouldn't be anything wrong with your bike, get it fixed " but my daily bike is currently making an unhealthy creak. I ( well not i exactly) changed the pedals today and its still creaking but now I also have uncomfortable pedals to irritate me
:-(

marihino

absolutely nothing! Clean, lubricated, adjusted, tyres, tubes, cables, brake blocks changed. Tight, stiff, silent.

2e1ybgl.jpg

I don't like the look of the chainset though, so that will get changed at some point, possibly together with the chain, which I guess have another two months of good life left. Might be tricky to find a black triple with a 52 or 53T big ring though. I also want to extend the range of the cassette slightly, from 12-25 to 11-28.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Nothing wrong, but She is locked away until tomorrow night when I get to set her up properly for the first time before the club run on Sunday.

I fitted the new m540's and bottle cages last night but I'm not confident tredz have set everything up properly as I haven't had my first right yet.

mustang1

Guru
[QUOTE 3830026, member: 259"]Quicklinks are several thousand mile jobs, not get-me-home stuff![/QUOTE]
Yeah you're right. I used to carry that stuff. These days I don't even carry a puncture repair kit (when commuting on cx bike). Yes I know, sacrilege. But I have plans to get home which usually involves locking bike and taking train..its just that on the day my chain broke, I fancied walking.

Top Bottom