What's your 30 mile time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Dunno, about 2.5hrs, but I'm a climber not a speed king.

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends on the traffic, the terrain, how the ails are feeling

Today, I did 57 miles in 4h 09, moving time, about 7 hours in all ;) To do 30 miles around London without stopping (much) would take me around 2h15 I guess. My moving average is around 13-14mph according to strava

Does it matter however? I've personally never tried to ride a 30 mile timed ride, I go as far as I fancy in the time I have usually

Sharky

Guru
I remember one day in 68, riding a 30 on the j32 course. Really nice day and this squad broke competition record. That's three people's times added together! I did my PB on the same day as well, but it was a bit slower than these three. Still my PB.

1968 B Hayes, R Iddles, D J Blount Oldbury & District CC 03:24:16

OP
OP
P

paul2015

Regular
Depends on the traffic, the terrain, how the ails are feeling

Today, I did 57 miles in 4h 09, moving time, about 7 hours in all ;) To do 30 miles around London without stopping (much) would take me around 2h15 I guess. My moving average is around 13-14mph according to strava

Does it matter however? I've personally never tried to ride a 30 mile timed ride, I go as far as I fancy in the time I have usually

I'm trying to gauge my progress since I started compared to others. I too havent actually done a 30 miler by the clock until the morning

vickster

Legendary Member
How far have you ridden before and what's your average speed, assuming you measure it. Personally I rarely ride 30 miles without coffee stops, a rest every so often, so probably take me 3 hours or so

You might want to compare yourself to a chap of a similar age, fitness level, weight...rather than me, as I expect we are rather different! :biggrin:

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
P

paul2015

Regular
Well I tend to do 15-20miles but my furthest is 47 miles. My average speed is 14.2mph but there's a lot of hills here :okay:

For comparison I'm 24 years old, male, 5'10 70kg. Cycling for 3 weeks

vickster

Legendary Member
Couple of hours based on your average, allow 2.5

BrynCP

Über Member
Last Monday I did my PB: 32 miles, 1hr 43 mins = 18.6mph. That was a good bit faster than I had ever done before.

I am 31, 6'2 82.5KG. Cycled for 1.5 years.

If you've been cycling for just 3 weeks, I'd say your progress is good!

OP
OP
P

paul2015

Regular
Last Monday I did my PB: 32 miles, 1hr 43 mins = 18.6mph. That was a good bit faster than I had ever done before.

I am 31, 6'2 82.5KG. Cycled for 1.5 years.

If you've been cycling for just 3 weeks, I'd say your progress is good!

I'm fairly happy with it and I seem to be going the same as most average people..... Thing is I want to race so I'm slightly obsessed with getting faster to try some cat 4 before the end of the season

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Best time dependant on route weather etc would be under hour and a half on a good day.Last weekend was the first time I did my 24 mile loop and managed more than evens ( 1 hour 11 mins) for it this year after I altered my fit slightly.
My regular commute helps a lot with base fitness but I tend to run out of steam after 50-60 as I dont get out for long rides enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

These days I'm just out to enjoy the ride so I don't take much notice of pace most of the time, its just that sometimes I'll get curious and check, I recon about two hours maybe a little more depending on weather. terrain and how I feel, I'm 5'6" 12 stone and 63 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom