Whats your average speed over a ten mile time trial ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As many have already said course,conditions etc etc give many variables,I don't personally do pukka TTs but my commute is 10 miles and dependant on route etc my average can vary from 15 to 19 mph.My PB for a 10 mile stretch is 25 mins on a drag strip of a road.

Sharky

Guru
I've ridden a bit of fixed and 44mph on 96" is 154 rpm :eek: I could never spin at that rate, respect is given.

Must admit, I wasn't in control at that speed and it was probably for less than 30 secs. My legs were being ripped off and I was glad when the course flattened out.
Cheers Keith

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I am absolutely determined to crack what will seem to all of you a really rubbish 10 time next year. I have even bought a TT bike just to do it. All I need to do is find a suitable course and find someone who can glue the tyres to the rims properly. Oh, and wait for a day with no cross wind at all!

screenman

Legendary Member
I am absolutely determined to crack what will seem to all of you a really rubbish 10 time next year. I have even bought a TT bike just to do it. All I need to do is find a suitable course and find someone who can glue the tyres to the rims properly. Oh, and wait for a day with no cross wind at all!

You can do a good tt with clinchers.

Mr Bunbury

As a percentage, what proportion of a 10 mile TT do you ride at 35mph? What difference would it make to your overall time if you rode that section at, say, 25mph instead? I find it hard to believe this is a major concern for most "ordinary" TT courses
The UK record for a 10 mile time trial is 17:20, which translates to an average speed of 34.6 mph. Therefore, the answer to your question is: not much of it!

dandare

Don't worry about speed or time, just have a go. You will take chunks off your time when you start. There will always be someone of a similar ability who you will be able compete with. No good comparing yourself to the fast men. I wouldn't think you will be anywhere near 35mph as I am sure to average that you will be somewhere near competition record.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You can do a good tt with clinchers.
Tony Martin has won TT on clinchers.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.

There's no such thing as a rubbish time for a 10 mile TT in my book. I know how hard it is, so respect to anyone prepared to give it a go! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom