Whats your average speed over a ten mile time trial ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
How to ride a fact 10. Warm up for at least 30 minutes until sweating freely and breathing hard. Do stretches. Arrive at start with less than 2 minutes to go. Start flat out and feel pain. Continue until pain becomes almost unbearable. Go harder. Continue to the finish. Steady up, roll alomg easily, don't stop and fling yourself on the ground. Warm down easily. After 15 minutes of steady warm down, when no longer feeling sick, have a look at the result board to check time. It will be good for the course and conditions.
Warning - this is an approach that cannot be repeated constantly. Mix the TTs with some short circuit races which help you go even deeper and thus faster when you do ride a TT properly. Enjoy? Not a lot. Enjoy the result, not the ride.

carbonunderpants

Tt courses make average speed hard to work to depends on where you live..... Peddle to your threshold limits

DWiggy

Über Member
On a TT do you need to know both the average mph along with the feet climbing to get an idea where you think you would come?
For example over 10mile commute with 300feet of climbing I can average 22mph and on a route with 750 feet it's more like 19-20mph?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Had a look at a Shiv today :shy:
What did you think of it???

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
What did you think of it???

Well it was a pretty low end one but it fits me unlike the Giants I have looked at . They put it on a turbo for me to have a go and see my position and , yeah I liked it .
Its a good price for me to give the position a try and as I have a pretty good collection of parts I can add upgrades without it costing me more .

jowwy

Well it was a pretty low end one but it fits me unlike the Giants I have looked at . They put it on a turbo for me to have a go and see my position and , yeah I liked it .
Its a good price for me to give the position a try and as I have a pretty good collection of parts I can add upgrades without it costing me more .
Which one was it??

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Elite A1 Alloy frame , carbon forks .
Its a basic set up but will let me test the waters . Any opinions on it or others ?

jowwy

Elite A1 Alloy frame , carbon forks .
Its a basic set up but will let me test the waters . Any opinions on it or others ?
I have the exact same machine and its a very capable rig, add some carbon TT wheels and away to go

I'm just about to add a tri spoke front wheel to mine and an aero jacket for the rear

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have the exact same machine and its a very capable rig, add some carbon TT wheels and away to go

I'm just about to add a tri spoke front wheel to mine and an aero jacket for the rear
I do have two sets of nice wheels to play with and they will be the first thing to swap out :thumbsup:
Its very very tempting but such a specific bike to buy .
I am trying to be a grown up but I will probably buy it :giggle:

jowwy

I do have two sets of nice wheels to play with and they will be the first thing to swap out :thumbsup:
Its very very tempting but such a specific bike to buy .
I am trying to be a grown up but I will probably buy it :giggle:
Buy buy buy buy buy.........you know you want too

Top Bottom