What's your favourite sci-fi series (if any)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
survivors was re made for one series but not as good as the original

Couldn't get into Babylon 5 (sorry @Reynard).

I'll admit that B5 is a bit like marmite. But what amazes me a quarter of a century on is how well the *writing* has stood up to the test of time. I'll challenge anyone to find a better written series.

Though What B5 is that Trek isn't, is a novel for TV with predetermined story arc. A lot of trek, except for Enterprise and the latter seasons of DS9 is comprised of pretty well much standalone episodes. Good watching, but still...

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Babylon 5. The Expanse. Dark matter. Altered carbon. I'll watch just about any sci-fi as long as it doesn't go all soap opera, I like it when it makes me think. Large scale space battles are good too. I'd like to see Neal Asher's polity books make it into the screen.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Older ones: Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis
Newer: Fringe, Dr Who (2005 on), Torchwood
Cancelled when should NOT have been: Firefly, Dark Matter
Good remakes: Battlestar Galactica
Bizarre and strange: Lexx

I'm a bit of a SciFi and Fantasy geek, I have a collection of about 1000 SciFi and Fantasy books at home, and numerous DVD series. I haven't mentioned any fantasy series above, but there's heaps of good ones out there.

I'm a bit of a SciFi and Fantasy geek, I have a collection of about 1000 SciFi and Fantasy books at home, and numerous DVD series. I haven't mentioned any fantasy series above, but there's heaps of good ones out there.

Books, now you're talking...

Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold
Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell
The Serrano Legacy by Elizabeth Moon
Majipoor Trilogy by Robert Silverberg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Blakes 7
Babylon 5
Red Dwarf
The Expanse
Captain Scarlett

Ah, Captain Scarlet, he’s instructable :laugh: I was about 18 when I was informed (somewhat huffily) that my version of the theme song was incorrect.

Does anyone else remember The Tomorrow People?
Transmute! I loved this.

Thunderbirds.

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I loved hitch hikers. I have the radio shows on CD and listen in the car.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Actually, I forgot to mention another one, which I'm currently rewatching (the 3rd time now, I think): Eureka. I like this one.

Top Bottom