What's your favourite sci-fi series (if any)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'Pit' used to really freak me out as a kid (say..9... 10...)
Films like
When Worlds Collide
The Day The Earth Stood Still
(Michael Rennie, from Bradford, as Klaatu)
The War Of The Worlds
Plan 9 From Outer Space
(so bad, that it was good!)

Likewise, for Q & P
I remember watching 1999, when it first hit the screens

My all time favourite was World Without End. Great twist at the end.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Logans Run was quite good too from what i remember

I've never been one for Scifi but I really like Thunderbirds simply because I'm a sucker for any story that makes a universe using models.

I never got into Start Trak in any of its forms but I'm with @Reynard in liking Babylon 5 because of the writing quality, well crafted storylines, and very pragmatic way it was put together. I'm watching it with my kids at the moment (when I can drag them away form Minecraft) and the SFX only look very slightly dated.

I've never been one for Scifi but I really like Thunderbirds simply because I'm a sucker for any story that makes a universe using models.

I never got into Start Trak in any of its forms but I'm with @Reynard in liking Babylon 5 because of the writing quality, well crafted storylines, and very pragmatic way it was put together. I'm watching it with my kids at the moment (when I can drag them away form Minecraft) and the SFX only look very slightly dated.

Where have you got to BTW? You were sort of around "Parliament of Dreams" last time you mentioned it.

About the same because I was away being interviewed.

It is remarkable how the stories of B5 reflect our own time though, to the point of being slightly uncomfortable.

Very much so - especially once you get into the meat of season 2. (And beyond, of course...)

There are some really powerful - and poignant - episodes, like "The Coming of Shadows", "Confessions and Lamentations", "The Long Twilight Struggle"...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I forgot about Stargate, it was brilliant with Richard Dean Anderson in it

My wife likes that too, purely for drooling over Colonel O'Neil.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I know. I have the DVD on the shelf behind me. :biggrin:

It's a send-up of just about every TV sci-fi-series ever, from ropey episodes to geeky fandom - which is why I think it has a place here. :smile:

*And* it's got Alan Rickman. :blush:

Has it got the 'Making of' documentary where the cast all keep in character & pretend the TV series actually existed & the this is just a movie version?.

Top Bottom